Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: Lightwave 2015 revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by VermilionCat View Post
    I think this is a bug. Choose Camera from Camera List and see view port won't update.
    Yeah - that's what I'm thinking too - it's a bug.

Thumbs down 2015.3 lightwave upgrade on Mac PRo 6 cores. 64 gigs ram, 6Plus gigs graphics cards

Did that upgrade on New Mac Pro customer support says this after 234 emails crash reports going to apple that demanded i send to them and did, Link: https://www.lightwave3d.com/account/report/LWB-2189/

I will admit that I have never heard of such occurrences with LightWave.

What I would suggest you do is contact the users on the forum- see if you can get with someone more savvy with the Mac on an operational level - and see if the users can help.

Thank you for your report.
    --
    LightWave 3D Group Support

Hey what happened to customer support folks? Your kidding me right? no phone number to call, nothing but this email from Lightwave customer support?

Ok Folks this is the problems.

1) any scene i open get cannot find this file ( and list this file that you canot find, generates an apple crash report)
    2) everything download is not sent to trash can to empty, very weird caution do not empty it, then you ahve to download it all again. Why does it do this?
    3) customer support says do not use 3rd party virus, Sorry do not have 3rd party virus stuff.
    4) no solutions , made mention to call me as one email from them siad they can do, but never did.
    is that what you call customer support?
    5) I love Newtek. lightwave from old days of amiga, to pc to now mac pro worlds and my friends and buddies of humm, 30 plus years and did have outstanding customer support.
    6) has anyone had major crash issues on doing upgrade?
    7) this was what happened Apple had a recall on graphics cards, picked up my system replace both cards , but first called me to tell me ram memory was bad. So over a year of complaining to apple errors message says bad or failed memory or unknown memory problems, apple never told me if it was the ram memory? graphics memory or flash memory until repaid did replace bad cards to D700. Now upgrade to verified and certified 64 gigs of secured Ram, very happy at that door.
    8) but who cares when still errors and system locked up with frozen screen WHY?
    9) Lightwave support solution to come here for feedback,, Humm these are ussers NOT customer support, so had to post from them this big suprised of NO suuport on new upgrade of this labor day upgrade.

Direct inquiry customer support emil me and setup a full system check on these issues, Please

Lol! I thought the heading was Lightwave 2016 Revealed.
    Click baited.

Quote Originally Posted by Denis G La Bine View Post
    1) any scene i open get cannot find this file ( and list this file that you canot find, generates an apple crash report
    Content directory not set? Thats the only thing I know on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Denis G La Bine View Post
    2) everything download is not sent to trash can to empty, very weird caution do not empty it, then you ahve to download it all again. Why does it do this?
    Lightwave doesn't do anything with the trash at all...neither does the installer.

As for the customer support contact issues, I'm not sure. They're usually pretty good about researching issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    Click baited.

Lol. Me too, actually....shoulda read closer...lol
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

i have none of your problems with Lightwave on my MacPro, which is roughly the same config, except for the graphic cards, as I have D500.

run two of these, don't see your problems, 1_ file not found, unless you use LW's default directories set up in 'user docs' this is normal, where you have each project set up as stand alone directory you need to set LW to that directory before you open it, maybe you have a permissions problem. 2_ the current camera thing, , viewport should be set to current camera at top of window then desired camera selected from either camera properties panel, current item list under camera or scene editor or dope sheet and works just fine. 3_ stuff ending up in trash, any zipped DMG file will be auto uncompressed and the zipped version moved to the trash, the uncompressed version should be in the downloads panel and be mountable from here, did you install LW running as rout in a 501 account with antivirus autoscanning turned off, my fist thought would be to reinstall ( remember once I had two drives on a new machine and Apple had supplied it with both drives named as Macintosh HD, LW didn't like that and caused crashing, renaming to unique volumes fixed it)

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    Click baited.
    Same here... Wishful thinking!
    _____
    /- /|/| 3D Animation and Special Effects

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465