Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2015 revealed!

sure this has been asked, but where the hell is the dynamic parent panel located? manual shows how to use it, but not where to activate it?
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post

However...I have had so many crashes with this release that it feels unworkable unfortunatly
    just tested vpr and shift click on surfaces..well it works when you click on the object, but clicking outside that on the background..it will crash, I tested this with a simple scene setup in 11.6 and no problem there...then loaded it in to 2015, and crash.
    I was in it for 6 hours using bullet and didn't crash so it really is your donald duck that said I didn't try FFX but unworkable is a bit extreme! , however the bug you mentioned was spotted and reported on the first few hours of release

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    sure this has been asked, but where the hell is the dynamic parent panel located? manual shows how to use it, but not where to activate it?
    Select the item you want to dynamically parent, bring up the Motion options panel and add the Parenter motion modifier.

Once added, you'll see an on-screen gizmo that you can drag from item to item to interactively parent from one item to another at the current keyframe.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Once added, you'll see an on-screen gizmo that you can drag from item to item to interactively parent from one item to another at the current keyframe.
    Other notes:

- Double-clicking on the gizmo (circular symbol) will open up parenter's properties to let you edit the list of things the item has been parented to.

- Right-clicking on the gizmo removes the last item parenter was assigned to.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

By the old gods and the new, this new parenter is a breath of fresh air. I've had no end of troubles with object drift on the old one, especially when parenting dynamically to characters' hands on the end of IK chains. It was quite a pain. Looking forward to picking stuff up and dropping it under the new system.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    If you cannot find it, it's a documentation bug. Report to FogBugz or thru your account just like a programmatic bug.

Even if it is THERE, it should be easy to find. If it needs to be repeated, it needs to be repeated. So, mere inclusion doesn't mean the dox are okay, they actually have to be useful.

(OTOH, you have to give it a fair shot.)
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Just too bad you cant seem to combine bullet with the new parenter (i was trying)..being able to actually drop something would be nice
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by lwanmtr View Post
    Just too bad you cant seem to combine bullet with the new parenter (i was trying)..being able to actually drop something would be nice
    You can make parenter (and any other similar tool, including my commercial "Grabber" script) work with bullet, you just have to do it indirectly:

- Make a null that acts as the bullet dynamics object. This will allow you to set the start time for when the dynamics will happen and will make controlling how the simulation starts a lot easier. Ideally, the null should be positioned exactly where the object's pivot point is when parenter is activated.

- Hit "unparent" in parenter's UI and you end up taking advantage of dynamics without much loss of control. If more control is needed, you can use a baker script to key parenter's motions and hand-key whatever is desired.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Ohh...I hadnt thought of that. Will have to give it a shot later.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    If you cannot find it, it's a documentation bug. Report to FogBugz or thru your account just like a programmatic bug.

Even if it is THERE, it should be easy to find. If it needs to be repeated, it needs to be repeated. So, mere inclusion doesn't mean the dox are okay, they actually have to be useful.

(OTOH, you have to give it a fair shot.)
    Absolutely right, thanks Jeric. All users, you have the possibility to report bugs through your user accounts on LightWave3D.com now, please use it.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Does anyone know if bullet's cache file can now go beyond 2gigs in size. I was never able t have 11.6.2 save a sim above that size.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    I was in it for 6 hours using bullet and didn't crash so it really is your donald duck that said I didn't try FFX but unworkable is a bit extreme! , however the bug you mentioned was spotted and reported on the first few hours of release
    Remarkable, I just tried it for a few minutes before the first crashing started, actually the very first test with bullet ragdoll dynamics, and just by testing the fractured objects and simulating it, but that is filed now as a bug...I tried to drag the bulletīs item list slider, and crash...so it just took me a few minutes to get a feeling of ...this is not promising.

got som crash with fiber fx too, got some crash with particle fx, in situations where 11.6 has been stable.

got crashes with texture falloff feature when minimizing the window, and that is constantly.

got crash with shift clicking in vpr to select surface...If you click on background and not exactly on the object, that works without flaws in 11.6.2 though.

to me this version has throwned at me a lot of chrashing that I really havenīt experienced before, maybe 11.3 was quite buggy too, but 11.6.2 has been quite stable with a few exceptions.

I can see this might be coming from all the "underhood changes" to fit the more modern technology ..which we might se more of in features later, but it doesnīt give a good impression for the moment at least unfortunatly.
    I will try and send more bug reports along the way to help sort it out, but I think the upgrade will have to wait, and my money stays in my pocket until something else shows up.

I filed the report on the bullet item list slider that crashes, but it was already in the works to deal with, the VPR crashes I havenīt filed yet. (edited..oh, it was taken care of already..great)

Perhaps a good decision would be to provide a fixed trial version...for extended time, If they agree and recognize that this version brought on quite a few bugs, that could help us verify that these issues have been taking care of to ease up on our worries.
    So my suggestion would be to simply provide another fixed release demo trial after a few weeks.

I got a little to fed up with 2015 the last days due to all the crashes, so I think I skipped a day or two testing it, but this friday I might take the bull by the horn again and do some testing further.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by THIBAULT View Post
    Hi and thanks for your reply ! I just bought TFD and it is totally unstable with many crashes and error messages at the opening of LW . Anyone else have these problems ? Thank you in advance
    I've emailed Jawset.
    Jascha replied -
    "yes, the LW 2015 compatibility fixes are in the works for the next maintenance update.
    It should become available within the next two weeks."

I think I started off with a bad start with Lightwave 2015, and some crashing, Like this

the motors and bone dynamic results are quite nice though.

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast