Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 12 - HardCore Notice

Fully rewritten docs too! Nice work Newtek!! Loving the release video... Very professional indeed! Bought it! Yay!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

I would like to have more explained integration with Unity 5 and what features are implemented (it is in new doc) in new FBX exprter from FBX 2015? Pls ;] Hmm in Demo, is only 2014 FBX version.
    Last edited by MarcusM; 11-24-2014 at 03:21 PM.

new pricing: $995 (USD) for a full license and $495 (USD) to upgrade from LightWave 11.x or earlier.
    So those of us who bought into the Charter at the first deadline get $100 off and those who bought in before the final deadline get zip. Now, everyone gets the second Charter deal. The deal has evaporated. Seems to me that if the entire price structure has been lowered, that Charter members of both types should get something extra off for buying in when NewTek was asking for an infusion of cash. At least make the Charter savings proportional to the new pricing as it was proportional to the old. Or have I missed an announcement?
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by spherical View Post
    So those of us who bought into the Charter at the first deadline get $100 off and those who bought in before the final deadline get zip. Now, everyone gets the second Charter deal. The deal has evaporated. Seems to me that if the entire price structure has been lowered, that Charter members of both types should get something extra off for buying in when NewTek was asking for an infusion of cash. At least make the Charter savings proportional to the new pricing as it was proportional to the old. Or have I missed an announcement?
    I would agree. Charter pricing was a loyalty discount for keeping current with LW releases after CORE. Now I feel that loyalty pricing has been devalued.

Not sure. I'm from the second HC and it seems in my account that the upgrade price is now 395 dollars (316€, not counting the VAT) instead of 495.

^^ Same price I paid, but I'm a first HC.

This doesn't seem fair to me LW3DG...

You think thats bad - what about those suckers who bit on Rob's e-mail over the weekend who upgraded to 11 so they could keep their HC pricing for LW12.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    Not sure. I'm from the second HC and it seems in my account that the upgrade price is now 395 dollars (316€, not counting the VAT) instead of 495.
    Nope, I'm in the second "post-Charter" category and my upgrade price using the button on my account page is $495 (in other words, no discount whatsoever). I'm quite upset that LW3DG cannot even be bothered to even acknowledge the situation w.r.t. the discounts.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Wrong thread.
    Last edited by probiner; 11-24-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    You think thats bad - what about those suckers who bit on Rob's e-mail over the weekend who upgraded to 11 so they could keep their HC pricing for LW12.
    Yeah, the letter sent to HC members still on LW10.x was particularly offensive in light of the LW12 price change (esp. w.r.t. post-Charter HC members).
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

My Hardcore charter price was cheaper... It was £295, seemed like a great deal to me! My work license said post charter and was also the same price.

Desk Work:
    Desk Home:

Just Upgraded! (Mine showed the discounted price.) But I think I jumped on the 1st charter deal, probably within days of its availability.

Couple things:

I don't feel my $395 upgrade was de-valued. I got exactly waht I was promised.

Second: Companies usually give automatic upgrades to those people who upgraded within a month.
    I think you'll hear something from NT soon about a free upgrade to 2015 (if you bought within the last month).

Of Course I have no special insight - it's just a suspicion.

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

I'm also pretty curious what this means for future feature development. If we will see a LW 2015.x with features not just bug fixes, or if features don't come till LW 2016 or 2017 (and obviously for another $395-$495). And then of course is LW on a 12 month release cycle?

* PS I also agree the charter discounts need to drop to at least $295 and $395 for people to even consider not letting them lapse.
    Last edited by kfinla; 11-24-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GregMalick View Post
    Couple things:

I don't feel my $395 upgrade was de-valued. I got exactly waht I was promised.

Second: Companies usually give automatic upgrades to those people who upgraded within a month.
    I think you'll hear something from NT soon about a free upgrade to 2015 (if you bought within the last month).

Of Course I have no special insight - it's just a suspicion.
    They already said this... if people have upgraded within the last 30 days, they get it free anyway. Seems fair to me!
    If you're unlucky and upgraded on day 31 it would be a bit of a sad day though!

Desk Work:
    Desk Home:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast