• a bit more interaction would be nice

55 42.97%
  • it doesn't matter to me

8 6.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LWG, interaction on the forums

LWG, interaction on the forums

alright, it'd be nice to know what people think

are there only a selected few who would like more LWG interaction on the forums,
    or just some, or many...

i have no idea, so thought i would do some free research

let the games begin...
    Last edited by erikals; 11-23-2014 at 06:23 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

A little more interaction would be nice but I think just because LW cycles go so long. Modo seems to be on an annual release schedule so there is less need for them to communicate with users because at the most, they have to wait a year or so for software info. Yet they still communicate more anyway.

I think there is a misconception about what people are wanting. I dont expect road maps or clues about whats coming in future releases. Its totally fine and reasonable that LW3DG doesnt provide that.. What they should be encouraging though is a dialogue about where the software should go in the future. Put up a regular poll about possible directions the software could go in the future. Ask things like would this feature be useful to you. If such a feature were implemented, how would you like it to work? In terms pf priority, what things are most needed addressed in LW? Its like making fine adjustments in steering a massive oceanliner. As it stands now from the user standpoint, the software direction feels like you're on that ship and you open your eyes up once every 3 or 4 years and hope its going where you want it to.

The current level of interaction seems to worry others so I guess a little more interaction would be less stressful to many of us.

On the other hand, interaction during CORE was like feeding the lions now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    The current level of interaction seems to worry others so I guess a little more interaction would be less stressful to many of us.

On the other hand, interaction during CORE was like feeding the lions now and then.
    I remember interection during CORE time was massive!!! It was diferent. Actually that was the idea they sold us about being a Hardcore member, remember? To participate every step of the road.
    I think what people are asking for is "some" interaction. Because letīs be honest, there is nothing right now.
    Last edited by MAUROCOR; 11-23-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    Ground control to Major Tom

we need at least 5 more similar threads open in case LWG miss one of them..
    new web page up www.null.hr

maybe something will change soon.new year...new communication setup?
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

I voted, though, am I the only one who sees the dichotomy here?

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
    maybe something will change soon.new year...new communication setup?
    Hopefully you are right. Hopefully LW3DG realizes that complete silence is the wrong way to go. As ianr said in the other thread: "Maybe LW3DG should now see TOO FAR means both sides!" And this is true. They tried full interaction with CORE but I don't think they realized how chaotic and difficult it would be interacting on THAT level. So they went 180 degrees in the opposite direction after being stung - which was the wrong move. If they can learn from BOTH mistakes and revise their interaction with the userbase to more of a regular - i.e scheduled - conversation, then they will have restored my faith in the company. Quite honestly I don't expect them to learn since as I said before, they always seem to end up shooting themselves in the foot - their marketing is a PRIME example. But just as honestly, I would like to be proven wrong and see LW3DG move forward and learn how to deal with customers the right way. What is going on now is not the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    I voted, though, am I the only one who sees the dichotomy here?
    I really don't care, it doesn't matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    I really don't care, it doesn't matter to me.
    Though a little bit more interaction would be nice.

Don't Care.

I only want to hear from them when they have important news to reveal anything else just leads to a feeding frenzy of questions and a million more speculation.

Right now there are no more than 10 people on this forums that are always starting the same kind of speculative threads to see if they can get a reaction from developers, hopefully they won't bite because interaction with this crowd will never satisfied them, they will always want more and will use any interaction with the team to start all sorts of speculations.

Some of this folks by their own admittance don't even use lightwave or haven't for years, others are not on the latest version of the software and some are even lobbying for a free version of the software.

Just keep working on improving the products and when you have something that works then you can reveal it to us. If we like it and will help us with our work then we will buy it if not we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by willin View Post
    Don't Care.
    Obviously.
    I only want to hear from them when they have important news to reveal anything else just leads to a feeding frenzy of questions and a million more speculation.

Right now there are no more than 10 people on this forums that are always starting the same kind of speculative threads to see if they can get a reaction from developers, hopefully they won't bite because interaction with this crowd will never satisfied them, they will always want more and will use any interaction with the team to start all sorts of speculations.
    And yet... your group appears to be in the minority. MOST people want to see more interaction between LW3DG and the userbase. And let's be real, there will ALWAYS be speculation no matter how much/little they reveal. That's the nature of the beast. But you increase the wild speculation when you say nothing at all.
    Some of this folks by their own admittance don't even use lightwave or haven't for years, others are not on the latest version of the software and some are even lobbying for a free version of the software.
    I haven't seen this, so I doubt that there are a great many posts. And for those who aren't on the latest version, perhaps they are waiting and HOPING that LW will be what they want it to be. For those who aren't using LW anymore, LW3DG has left them behind because LW hasn't addressed their needs. I use LW5.5, 7, 9.6 and 11 EVERY DAY - Sunday thru Saturday - and started by using LW3 on the Amiga. I can speak about LW.
    Just keep working on improving the products and when you have something that works then you can reveal it to us. If we like it and will help us with our work then we will buy it if not we won't.
    Well... you are in the minority. Most want MORE interaction. Some of us use LW to make a living and want the software to move forward - and that doesn't mean the latest whiz-bang feature - that means seriously improving the underlying architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by MAUROCOR View Post
    To participate every step of the road.
    And have 250 captains on one ship? Not very practical.

Well, it was not MY idea!
    Ground control to Major Tom

lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast