Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fusion 7, now FREE

Quote Originally Posted by djlithium View Post
    We have some Fusion 6 training on www.liberty3d.com from Jeremy Hughes that you may find very useful. Fusion is a lot like LightWave in the sense that what works conceptually from one version carries over to the next. Now that Fusion7 is free I have a feeling I will be doing some more tutorials myself using it. So keep your eyes open there. Now when I open up fusion in my tutorials people will have access to the same tools as I do and can follow along much more easily. This is good

=^..^=

- - - Updated - - -

Go get it! Best thing to have if you are a fusion/LW artist is exrTrader
    Kat,

LW seems like a natural fit for Fusion in some ways -- do you have any thoughts on what the LW3DG could do to make that fit stronger? With C4D in bed with Adobe/After Effects, Autodesk being, well, Autodesk, and Modo serving Nuke, this seems like an opportunity.

Banned
    works with GPUs - good for me.
    Thanks for the advice.

Now that somebody has mentioned it, it does make sense for BM to buy LW and give it for free. Haha...

by the way - with new Octane 2.1 we have EXR export feature right...So we are covered at Octane side..

Quote Originally Posted by sukardi View Post
    Now that somebody has mentioned it, it does make sense for BM to buy LW and give it for free. Haha...
    Maybe BMD is the mysterious company that have bought Messiah? LOL

Blog Entries
    Question pdf manual where is it. Someone had mentioned that it was good . But i can't seem to find one. Also anyone know if they have any downloadable contain. thanks
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Here ya go. The manual and tool reference.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/fusion

Some Fusion training would be great (now that the program is free)
    The only minor complaint I had with your tuts done at the "dead place" was that you'd do a certain amount of the tut using Fusion, which for hobby boy here was frustrating 'cause I couldn't follow along.
    Which, I guess means I find your stuff ultra Kool if that was my biggest complaint.

I'm happy about this as well. I was always bummed around Siggraph time when Eyeon would offer steep discounts on upgrades that still applied to my DFX+ 4, but I could never pull the trigger because I didn't have the right cash+need at the time.

Now I won't feel bad about having it installed, but not using it.

Seriously though. From what I remember I like Fusion better than Shake and I like both better than AE for compositing type tasks.
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwburman View Post
    I'm happy about this as well. I was always bummed around Siggraph time when Eyeon would offer steep discounts on upgrades that still applied to my DFX+ 4,...
    You can now bum around the BM booth.

Cheers,
    Mike

[mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Davewriter View Post
    Some Fusion training would be great (now that the program is free)
    The only minor complaint I had with your tuts done at the "dead place" was that you'd do a certain amount of the tut using Fusion, which for hobby boy here was frustrating 'cause I couldn't follow along.
    Which, I guess means I find your stuff ultra Kool if that was my biggest complaint.
    There's lots of tutorials on Fusion on the net for free.
    What's missing are tutorials that show off Fusions ability to do Mograph. Its very capable to do Mograph lik AE.
    Its one of Fusions strength that is not so known.

Hey guys,
    This Is a huge Christmas present indeed.

If you have not used digital fusion, then you may not know that it totally rocks. And that was version 4.

some how nuke got the gold and is the current standard, but before nuke was after effects and digital fusion, and once I learned how to use fusion while working on red planet , I never turned back. (although I was still able to get a decent amount of after effects work)

Fusion I've used on a bunch of movies, and its extremely film friendly. Check out the grain feature - there was a plug in called match grain which was critical in making cg elements match the film plates, today I imagine you can just use the grain plugin to match it up.

Nodes are very intuitive, and you'll find creating alpha channels through many various methods is also well thought out in this version, a critical function of any 2d package.

I for one am quite happy that they have made this super tricked out program with years of hardened refinement free. Way better than blenders compositor, but it's no wonder blender chose nodes for their compositing program They had fusion to emulate (and nuke I guess, but nuke is emulating fusion too).

If you have not gotten it, do so, it is totally worth the learning curve!! It works with lightwave extremely well, supporting many file formats.
    enjoy!!
    Last edited by vonpietro; 11-12-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    [url]https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kn21A[/u-- rl]
    fusion https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion
    resolve https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...avinciresolve/

This is amazing
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Well I've got it downloaded and running, but it seems to me the manual isn't tallying with the software.
    In the comparison chart, it says you can have multiple clips per loader, the manual shows the loader control with a clips list tab, but the software itself doesn't have one.
    Either I am missing something, or that "compare" list isn't accurate.
    Too old to die young.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast