Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Star Wars 7

  1. #1
    Registered User hazmat777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    616

    Star Wars 7

    Principal photography is done. Just re-shoots and CGI and editing and sound and marketing and toys yet to go !

    Oh, I forgot distribution and blu-ray's and 3D glasses.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/06/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2
    "I don't have it... you want half my omelette?"

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmat777 View Post
    Principal photography is done. Just re-shoots and CGI and editing and sound and marketing and toys yet to go !

    Oh, I forgot distribution and blu-ray's and 3D glasses.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/06/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2
    + lunch boxes

  3. #3
    Registered User hazmat777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    616
    I still have my "Destroy the Death Star" board game and some other stuff from when I was a kid. Cool to bring it out and look at it once in awhile. The coolest though is "The Art of Star Wars" book that has pictures of the original film slides used for the CG back then because they couldn't actually do a sequence for the HUD's.

    I know, I'm a nerd.
    Last edited by hazmat777; 11-06-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    "I don't have it... you want half my omelette?"

  4. #4
    I only have original but umofficial comics published in the cold-war era here behind the iron curtain.
    Seems somewhat ridicluous today but then we loved it. It was "ours".
    google up: hungarian star wars comics

  5. #5
    I must really be getting old. It seems as if it was only a few weeks ago that we were all making lens flare jokes, followed by being worried over what delays would be like over Harrison Ford's broken leg.
    Now suddenly it's "principal photography is done."
    {sound of pea rattling as head shakes}

  6. #6
    Registered User hazmat777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    616
    After watching the official trailer several times, I'm thinking the opening shot of the trailer with the StormTrooper is going to end up being a light-hearted and/or WTF moment. It comes across as a dramatic moment, but maybe J.J. is going for something else there. Thoughts?
    "I don't have it... you want half my omelette?"

  7. #7
    Sadly... someone will probably "leak" a work print in the next week or two and we'll all know.

  8. #8
    That shot doesn't appear in the movie, at least not the leaked version I saw.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    That shot doesn't appear in the movie, at least not the leaked version I saw.
    silly
    Last edited by littlewaves; 12-02-2014 at 05:31 AM.

  10. #10
    Registered User hazmat777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    That shot doesn't appear in the movie, at least not the leaked version I saw.
    Damn all you time travelers! It's still in post for god sake!
    "I don't have it... you want half my omelette?"

  11. #11
    the new lightsaber is simply ridiculous, a bi-directional evil cigarette lighter at best

  12. #12
    Registered User hazmat777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    the new lightsaber is simply ridiculous, a bi-directional evil cigarette lighter at best
    I agree about the "hand shield" BS. At least the Saber itself looks like something besides a glowing Wiffle bat like in the prequels.
    "I don't have it... you want half my omelette?"

  13. #13
    Member snsmoore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    200
    This modified version of the trailer had me rolling on the floor.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmat777 View Post
    I agree about the "hand shield" BS. At least the Saber itself looks like something besides a glowing Wiffle bat like in the prequels.
    that sizzling substance looks good, true

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by snsmoore View Post
    this modified version of the trailer had me rolling on the floor.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93jh6jnbng
    hilarious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •