Thread: Speed Edit 2 suddenly plays any m2ts video file on timeline in jerks! Ideas?

Speed Edit 2 suddenly plays any m2ts video file on timeline in jerks! Ideas?

Hey everyone! Have a Speed Edit 2 on a windows 7 computer (with plenty of memory) with last year's build of 100803 that let me put M2ts files on timeline and played them fine. These were from a Sony HD camera I have been using for over a year. Suddenly, it was playing them in jerks. It renders perfectly, but its so hard to edit with it jerking while on that timeline. Called support and they suggested I upload the new build, and this made the sound be out of sync slightly, which I could fix, but oh, so difficult to do with every clip! Support wasn't sure what the issue could be. So, I did a system restore to before I put the new build on, and back to the jerky stuff! The same camera used to give me TWO files---an MP4 and the M2ts...before the Sony PlayMemories had an update...and now it only produces the M2ts file (which has the 4 channel sound), BUT if I drag a few mp4 files I still have from the memories site onto the timeline, it plays perfectly with no jerks!

Am I missing something? Anyone have any other thoughts?

Laura at Speed Edit has been very patient and says she asked around there and had no other ideas. Todd Tuckey from www.tntamusements.com (We have over 1000 YouTube videos up now!, if you like Arcade Games and Pinball Machines)
    Last edited by Todd Tuckey; 11-01-2014 at 10:41 AM.

An update...The Sony Playmemories has a built in conversion to MP4...and when I tried one file that stutters with m2ts to MP4, it plays fine. Problem is there are SO many files to convert and I always thought the M2ts had a slight edge over MP4.....any new ideas? Todd

Another update...I uploaded the latest build again...and the jerkiness is fixed, but the sound is about a half second out of sync on all M2ts files---the exact same problem I had when I uploaded the new build a couple weeks ago (I then removed it and went back to the old build that has the jerkiness). The M24 files play perfectly. Todd

I have a similar Audio Sync problem when I put Pro-Rez.mov files on my timeline. The audio is out of sync and comes in at a different length than the video. It can't even be re-synched without changing the length of the audio (44.1 to 48khz) or some similar fix.
    On the other hand these files play perfectly on the same computer, using Premiere Pro or Vegas.