Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thea Render for LightWave

Thea Render for LightWave

Thea Render developers are proposing a poll to its registered user base about "what would be your next most anticipated Thea integration?"

If you are a Thea registered owner and using LightWave please consider casting your vote in favor of LightWave in the poll.

The Render website: http://www.thearender.com
    Poll forum thread: http://www.thearender.com/forum/view...?f=112&t=15639
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Done!
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

After an update on the list of software available to vote, the poll has been reseted (by mistake, it seems). Please consider voting again.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Voted

Mike, in Monsters Inc Tartiflette's Avatar
    Done as well, would be great (no, in fact GREAT !) to have an integrated plugin for LightWave !

Cheers,
    Laurent aka Tartiflette.

Being able to work with both CPU and GPU with OpenCL, Thea is surely a very interesting option.

done

Unsure why Modo is in there now. In an announcement thread on Oct. 16, Thea developers disclosed that they are halting development on the Modo plugin saying, in part: "we didn't find a viable way to continue the plugin development for various (mostly technical) reasons out of our hand." and "there's no way to change the situation [on their end]" and are offering three exit alternatives to customers who, in one manner or another, had previously purchased Modo plugin licenses, so that they are not out-of-pocket due to this difficulty with The Foundry.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Giannis (Thea's main developer) said in the poll's thread: "For consistency after all, I decided to re-add Modo, because this poll may serve well for future decisions."
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Figured that may be the case. Show The Foundry how many users are being inconvenienced/ignored by whatever the "difficulty" is with them. I'm just glad that there is a poll. Various of us LightWavers have asked for a long time and all that gets traction lately is SketchUp. :\ Looks like we're going to be in the basement. ArchiCAD, Bonzai, FormZ, Revit and Modo are all ahead. Bonzai (never heard of it) is a cheaper FormZ sibling made by AutoDesSys. Heh, talk about a ripoff of a company name.

I added my vote.

Voted!
    Ok, let modo users take Corona to yourself - we'll take Thea! ))

I'm messing with the standalone demo. Pretty interesting stuff.

Thea is a very nice renderer. ThomasHelzle turned me on to it (and he worked with Arnold in a production environment).
    Gary Chike

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Voted!
    Ok, let modo users take Corona to yourself - we'll take Thea! ))
    With FormZ/Bonzai commanding 33% and Modo taking second place, we're gonna have to go some to get any notice. Right now, of course, this poll only has 144 votes total and most, if not all, are made up of Thea users. No telling at this point how many votes a particular application would garner from people thinking about adopting an external renderer. Could be fairly significant. IOW, it's a chicken/egg situation. If there is a plugin, more people buy in. So, we're in third place but only 6 votes from taking second. More voters from outside the Thea community would be good, and Giannis said that they re going to publicize the poll link on external relevant sites at some point.
    Last edited by spherical; 10-19-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast