Thread: Serious aliasing played back video in SE 2.0 on my new PC with Windows 7

Serious aliasing played back video in SE 2.0 on my new PC with Windows 7

Hi Gang

I have another problem. Playing back video clips from either my HDV camera or my Sony AVCHD camera has serious aliasing on any video that has movement on my new Windows 7 computer with SE 2.6. This certainly was not an issue on my old Windows XP computer and SE 1.5.
    I updated the Nvidia drivers but that did nothing. My Philips monitors are 9 years old and someone suggested that might be the problem.
    I am also getting a distinctive "pop" at the beginning of most audio clips. In other words if I cut a clip when editing the "raw" end creates this pop. I am disappointed in the performance of SE 2 but the software may not be the reason. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Screenshot of problem please.

Hi Shabassy
    Thanks for offering to help.
    The points below which I found goggling Aliasing describe my problem very well. I found good pictures of aliasing at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/aliasing
    The lines through the big A is exactly what I am experiencing in my playback.

1. The appearance of jagged distortions in curves and diagonal lines in computer graphics because the resolution is limited or diminished.
    2. The static distortion in digital sound caused by a low sampling rate.

Have you tried various Layer Settings in Control Tree?
    Try choosing other than Auto, in Fielding.

I tried your suggestion ie various Layer Settings with no joy. I will try to borrow a newish monitor to test and possibly rule out this option.

Dropbox a sample clip and I will take a look on my setup

Thanks Richvideo
    I have been away for a few days. Thanks for your suggestion. I will do this but first must learn how to use Dropbox. I will get back to you shortly.

Goto Dropbox.com

Download and install the Dropbox software

You will now have a Dropbox folder on your system drive

Drop file that is 2GB or less into the Dropbox folder and this will start the upload of the file to the Dropbox cloud

Look for the Status notification of your Dropbox by rolling over the Dropbox icon in your tray (Should tell you if you are still uploading the file or if it is done it should say that your Dropbox is up to date)

Once you know it has uploaded goto the file in your Dropbox folder on your computer and click the right mouse button to bring up the context menu and look for the one that says SHARE DROPBOX LINK
    Paste link on this site to share the file
    Last edited by Richvideo; 10-20-2014 at 12:04 AM.

I have been trying to think through my problem. I have both SE 1.5 and SE 2.0 on my new computer. The clips play fine in SE 1.5. If I double click a file they will play fine in Windows Media Player. It is only in SE 2 that there is a problem. If I move a file to Dropbox I am sure it will play fine in another system. It is a puzzle.