Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help to create script / plugin

Thanks. That was a long chain to find that info. For lscript I rely on Dodgy's site and didn't find it there. So was wondering where you found it. I often forget to pick through the shipped scripts.

Silly me for thinking of looking at the documentation. 8D
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

It's also listed in the 11.6.x change log that's been with the point releases.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Ah ok thanks.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Thanks Kryslin...I think I'll have to give coding a big miss, just way too complicated (the code might as well be written in ancient Babylonian) ...I know ZERO about anything to do with programming...at best understand a simple expression.

I didnt think it would be that complex, but it certainly is, the only way its going to happen is if someone does it for me...not holding my breath, it looks like a lot of work....Thanks for your help!!

IF someone ever gets the time, this is what I would like for the script to do.

Using Kryslin's morph linker (or similar)...select the object channel to link to morph, set values etc, morph gets linked and a null is created with Box item shape with limits of 100º with the name of that morph, this happens for all morph links.

Putting it out there, just in case. For the time being I'll set it up manually with the awesome help of Kryslin's Morph link script...its a bit of a pain, but it makes animating a lot easier and much quicker.

Thanks,
    IvanB.
    Last edited by Ivan_B; 10-13-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    Be careful, you might learn something.

Multimedia & Tutorial channel
    Showreel - 2013

I'd code it if I had the time - between 2 scripting projects of my own (Strips -> Splines, automatic wt. map generation), furniture project in the workshop, and a full time job... no extra time.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

No problems Kryslin, I completely understand...you have helped enough, just didn't relies the effort needed to make a script...and THANK YOU for the morph link script, gets most of the job done....just to clarify, are the Morph link expressions supposed to actually be attached to the morphs, or does it just create the expressions? If it does attach them, then what is it I'm doing wrong?

Ivan.

Showreel - 2013

It should attach them automatically. You may need to run Morph Mixer first, and always make sure the mesh the morphs are on is selected.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

I'll have to revisit the script, to make sure that your object with morphs is always selected.

Also, I think I could make it make sure the morph mixer is attached, and if it isn't, attach it...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

That would be awesome!! Thanks Kryslin!

Showreel - 2013

And here we go again...

Attached to this should be a slightly updated version of the morph link script.
    1) It makes sure you've selected a mesh object, instead of a null. I should probably check to see if it's a light, camera, or bone as well...
    2) It checks to make sure you have a morph mixer applied to your mesh; If you don't, it applies one for you. It's kind of important that it be there, or there won't be any morph channels to attach expressions to.

Have fun with it, and the same instructions apply, except this one you extract the script to your directory where you keep your lscripts. Select your mesh object, run script, make sure you check the done box to stop linking moprhs to channels.

smp_morphlink2.zip
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Hey Kryslin..thank you so much for that!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Kryslin..thank you so much for that!

Showreel - 2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12