Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Big Announcement! TriCaster Mini Unveiled!

Sure, I think it's good: pros configuring complex systems need to be aware of the variables, including knowing when HDMI is a less than ideal solution. That said, even SDI is problematic without an audio delay capability like TriCaster's.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Looking at the features of the Mini and the probable fact that future developments will be in the 'pro' range rather than the TC-40 line which I invested in a year ago, I am now in a dilemma whether to sell the TC-40 ASAP, so I don't lose any more money on it than necessary.

I notice the Control Surface for the 40 and the Mini is physically identical and both USB. I'm told the CS40 will work with the Mini but the buttons are mismatched to the actions. Is there likely to be a software update/patch which allows me to keep the CS40 I have and not lose on that as well?

My UK dealers don't appear to have an upgrade path from Newtek which is such a shame and comes back to my concerns of last year when V2 was announced shortly after I had purchased V1 with no consideration (I felt) for recent Newtek investors. (Newtek should really look at this more closely)

Although the Mini will do a little more than the TC-40 (I upgraded to V2 earlier this year!) the other considerations relating to ‘value’ are the reducing number of cameras with component out, cable investment and all the other smaller issues which add up.

It doesn’t help when all the chosen social media ‘reviews’ of the product which are popping up are all casually announcing ’no one in their right mind would buy a TC40 now’. (Studio Tech / Geek TV etc)

Yes the TC40 currently does everything I want it to, but like selling a second hand car, timing is everything if you are going to re-invest in the new model. The Mini does look to be a major step in the right direction though. What a dilemma.

Consultant

SDI Version Announced

Quote Originally Posted by csandy View Post
    The next edition with SDI connectors will really be exciting (yes, there's ample room in the box to do that). But for now, I think Dr. Cross and Co. hit the ball out of the park with this one.
    I'd love to do an independent review of one. Someone want to let me borrow one for a bit?
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Podcast Bob View Post
    Looking at the features of the Mini and the probable fact that future developments will be in the 'pro' range rather than the TC-40 line which I invested in a year ago, I am now in a dilemma whether to sell the TC-40 ASAP, so I don't lose any more money on it than necessary.

I notice the Control Surface for the 40 and the Mini is physically identical and both USB. I'm told the CS40 will work with the Mini but the buttons are mismatched to the actions. Is there likely to be a software update/patch which allows me to keep the CS40 I have and not lose on that as well?

My UK dealers don't appear to have an upgrade path from Newtek which is such a shame and comes back to my concerns of last year when V2 was announced shortly after I had purchased V1 with no consideration (I felt) for recent Newtek investors. (Newtek should really look at this more closely)

Although the Mini will do a little more than the TC-40 (I upgraded to V2 earlier this year!) the other considerations relating to ‘value’ are the reducing number of cameras with component out, cable investment and all the other smaller issues which add up.

It doesn’t help when all the chosen social media ‘reviews’ of the product which are popping up are all casually announcing ’no one in their right mind would buy a TC40 now’. (Studio Tech / Geek TV etc)

Yes the TC40 currently does everything I want it to, but like selling a second hand car, timing is everything if you are going to re-invest in the new model. The Mini does look to be a major step in the right direction though. What a dilemma.

As is always the case, if the TC40 does what you need then I'd not worry about it. Any TriCaster is really an amazing product and we'll stand by any one of them. We try to give free upgrades between units where it is at all possible, and generally give anyone who has bought within 90 days any upgrade for free (which is way more generous than most companies.)

Either way around, the CS40 will work fine with the MINI, indeed on all current latest versions we try to support every CS on every model (although we dropped RS8 and LC11 support about 6 months ago).

Andrew

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456