Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Announcement! TriCaster Mini Unveiled!

Quote Originally Posted by ubietymedia View Post
    But there is a manual way to configure for 1080p or 1080i when streaming live?
    The manual covers how to create your own profiles ... not that it's top secret or anything.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by ubietymedia View Post
    Okay, Talkshow compatiblity with Tricaster Mini? With the correct converters will it work

Andrew
    Ubiety Media Solutions
    To clarify. while TalkShow does have HD-SDI connections, those are not needed with TriCaster - you can just use TalkShow as a NET connection direct into any TC. No converters.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

Video Producer, So Calif.

TC Mini CS?

What's the pricepoint for the TC mini CS? It looks so similar to our old LC-11 that I even hesitate to ask.
    www.TakeOneDigital.com
    Live webcasting from concept to broadcast * OC/LA/San Diego and Nationwide
    TC's: 300, 455, 460, Mini
    Cams: Sony PXW-X200, Pany HE-120 PTZ
    Cxns: HD-SDI over coax and fiber

The Mini CS is $2495, or there is a bundle of HD-4i, Mini CS and Custom Travel Case at $9995, so that's a $500 savings on the CS. Note that the Mini CS is also compatible with the TC ProLine models.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

PS - the LC-11 might work with Mini though not officially supported

Fellow TC users,

Having spent the last two years of my life working on Mini, I thought I would share some of my thoughts about this product, and maybe a bit about it's place in the world at large.

I am going to start off with a short story ... "The HDMI version of TriCaster 40" started off as exactly that, we had designed a product that was very similar to a 40 but had HDMI inputs. After all, that is probably what everyone really was expecting and was the "default path" to take. It was a pretty cool product and probably in your mind's eye you can see exactly what it looked like. I remember sitting and looking at the mock-ups of the design in a meeting where everything seemed to be moving forwards and it just hit me like a ton of bricks that this is just not what we needed to be doing ... we do not want to follow the "default path", we need to be really pushing the envelope and making something that is different and unique and which is more than reactive to market demand but instead is changing the market itself. We scrapped that path and set out to make something that seemed almost impossible ... we wanted to find a way to make a product 1/10th the volume of a 40, look amazing, and blow the capabilities away by no small amount.

It feels amazing to me that this product is now announced and the amount of effort and engineering that went into this is beyond any other product we have ever made, by many orders of magnitude. This is a truly high performance PC, GPU, with multiple internal drives (ISO recording in a unit this size!), 6 channels of video I/O, professional level audio, Wireless (802.11ac), Bluetooth, a full display ... in a size that you can hold in one hand. Doing that involved almost everything being custom from the motherboard to the fans on the components to stop the whole thing catching fire. The case itself is an amazing and clever design with loads of details that probably are overlooked: it is made of aluminum, there are no exterior screws, the paint is a custom color with metallic finish made traditionally as a custom car finish, there are almost no visible venting (it vents around the sides of the poly-carbonate!), the logos are back-lit, and so much more! To highlight the power of this unit, consider it's size and then the fact that it can drive up to 6 external displays simultaneously!
    (Power user tip ... the Mini CS is also designed to be exactly rack with so that it can be mounted on a trolley and pulled out on a tray)

We have tried not just to slap "HDMI inputs" into the case but instead took the time to do it right and solve the inherent weaknesses of HDMI which is why we ship with a clever removable handle that is also designed to act as a cable retention device since HDMI is a non-locking connector. Because HDMI has cable length difficulties we have made 100ft cables available to people who need them and prefer to buy from us.

When it comes to video switching, the power of this thing is hard often to even conceive ... this is a full 4M/E row switcher, it can ISO record 4 channels, it has virtual sets (including holographic sets), keying, hot-spots, DVEs on everything (full 3D!), custom transitions (with warped video!), buffers, DDRs, graphics, PTZ support, macros, MIDI triggers, configurable multi-views, streaming, publishing to social media, waveform and scopes, hot-spots, color correction on any channel, network inputs, more third party support than anything on the market (Chyron, ComPix, VizRT, Avid ISIS, EditShare, ProMax, YoungMonkey, BrainStorm, EZ Worship, 3DStorm, FingerWorks, Graphics Outfitters, etc...) There is nothing that comes close on any one front, let-alone on all of them at once.

Obviously I am not objective, but quite honestly TriCaster Mini really is a special product. Just think about what truly portable video production was a few months ago and now look at what we bring to the table with Mini. In many ways this is the biggest jump in making true professional level live production tools accessible to anyone, anywhere that there might have ever been.

Without a doubt I can speak on behalf of my entire team, both within engineering and for NewTek as a whole and say what we are really proud and excited about this product.

Andrew Cross,
    President and CTO,
    NewTek

I know that the HDMI handling has been made more reliable but would be interested to know if the mini has been tested with a Google Chromecast or other similar HDMI dongles.

Does the mini come with any "bundled" software such as Virtual Set Editor 2.5 or Speededit?

If not, are there special discount prices for these products for purchasers of a new mini system?
    Last edited by Viewfax; 10-11-2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: More questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Viewfax View Post
    I know that the HDMI handling has been made more reliable but would be interested to know if the mini has been tested with a Google Chromecast or other similar HDMI dongles.
    We have tested with every HDMI device that we can lay our hands on. That said, one of the big benefits of developing our own hardware is always that if we find that a particular device is not behaving as expected (and many HDMI devices do not quite follow the spec) then we can put a "patch" on our end to work around the issue. For instance, generally we have found that computer outputs tend to do nasty things when trying to drive a device that reports itself as having interlaced capabilities so we have just got a setting for you to tell Mini that it should force the down-stream device into progressive mode.

I think VSE continues to be an optional purchase for use with any HD-capable TriCaster, but I'd expect SE to be a free download as it is for use with 410 and up. I can't confirm this yet as the Support site hasn't been updated to show Mini, but it should soon I think - hopefully early this coming week.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I think VSE continues to be an optional purchase for use with any HD-capable TriCaster, but I'd expect SE to be a free download as it is for use with 410 and up. I can't confirm this yet as the Support site hasn't been updated to show Mini, but it should soon I think - hopefully early this coming week.
    I think I read that VSE is optional (but would be interested in special rate for new mini buyers) As for SE, it would be good if it's free or bundled particularly for the 4xISO stream model.

Also sounds like we won't need so manyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20141011_174434.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	275.6 KB 
ID:	124932
    Last edited by Viewfax; 10-11-2014 at 11:06 AM.

SpeedEdit will be a free add-on download for the Mini.

VSE will be a purchase for Mini, unless you are an educational institution purchasing an educational Mini, that will include VSE and LiveText.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Moderator's note: I have spawned a new thread here http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....76#post1403976 to continue the discussion GeekNews started about his desire to see an even more affordable solution.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

UK based Live Production
    This is great for travelling abroad - we've taken our 455's and 460's everywhere - currently we have one hopping around china/japan/korea. But there is one drawback - For travel into the states you now need to have the ability to power the unit on don't you - I don't suppose a mini-ups would be a good idea to take but it still looks like we are going to have to put the mini in the hold for now. Great product though - upgrade option from the TC40 ?

I'm not sure I follow. It sounds like needing power is a drawback?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I think he's talking about getting it through airport security? That they would want you to turn it on to prove it's a computer?

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Consultant
    You had to power up your TriCaster for TSA when entering the United States when you travel with it as carry-on? What unfortunate soul did you run into? That's not a requirement. Never has been. How many times have you been asked to do this and at what airports?
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast