Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Dev - Feedback

Game Dev - Feedback

Hey everyone,

We've got our ears to the ground again, this time we want to know all your feedback for Lightwave in relation to games. We've had a fair bit of feedback already on certain features and bugs within Lightwave, as well as integration with Unreal Engine 4. Lets get this all in one place though, so its easier for us to reply and check.

- What are the workflows and tools you currently use
    - What is missing from your current workflow/tools in your opinion
    - In terms of training, what do you want? What would help you?
    - What's important to you as a game dev?
    - Anything else!

We're always looking for ways to bring you new content and improve our existing products. It takes time, but your feedback is invaluable and really helps us with the direction of our products

Thanks,
    Not a Newtek employee

I need Smooth groups (vertex smoothing) tools to be able to edit/add and import/export them for my game models.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Dude, you're just gonna copy all the threads from the Foundry forum?
    Since both soft are so similar no need for another thread in another forum

S

Well its better than starting doom and gloom threads.
    And not all of lightwave's needs are exactly the same as modo.
    For example modo has decent texture baking tools. Still lots of clean up.
    But lightwave really needs its own baking toolset for games that doesn't need third party.
    Improved uvtools is another.

It may come as surprise but I think both "Feature requests" and "Doom & gloom" threads are both equally usefull(NOT) and I'm not saying this without backing it wit some facts - just look at the past 8 years of dev and user requests how much of that stuff was implemented?

Besides, since you're bothered enough to copy from one forum to another could you please alter the copy? For instance:

We're always looking for ways to bring you new content and improve our existing products. It takes time, but your feedback is invaluable and really helps us with the direction of our products
    It's almost like you're working for Newtek/LWG3D.

sorry if I sound like a 5star A-hole, just being realistic and pointing few things.

All this vehicles and ships i did only in LW and PS. Screenshot is from Unity. For sure LW baking and UV mapping need corrections in few places but is good if someone know how to use it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW-UnityMMShips.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	847.9 KB 
ID:	124612   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW-UnityMMVechicles.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	808.6 KB 
ID:	124611  
    Last edited by MarcusM; 10-01-2014 at 05:27 AM.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by lightscape View Post
    Not a Newtek employee
    But lightwave really needs its own baking toolset for games that doesn't need third party.
    If you're not NewTek employee, you statement has no sense..

Baking textures can be done with native LightWave, no need to use 3rd party plugins.

But 3rd party plugins makes baking much easier and faster. What would be sense in writing tools that would be worser than native application? 3rd party extensions are always better than native, one or couple steps forward than the rest of app.

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    sorry if I sound like a 5star A-hole
    Thanks for pointing that out. Its the only thing that registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    If you're not NewTek employee, you statement has no sense..

Baking textures can be done with native LightWave, no need to use 3rd party plugins.

But 3rd party plugins makes baking much easier and faster. What would be sense in writing tools that would be worser than native application? 3rd party extensions are always better than native, one or couple steps forward than the rest of app.
    Sorry Sensei I know your trying to sell your stuff.
    But I'm personally not interested in buying every tool lightwave lacks. I'm sure other users don't want to either.

The Foundry knows this and they're trying to flll the gaps that modo needs.
    Thats why they're doing these surveys.
    Last edited by lightscape; 10-01-2014 at 07:02 AM.

TrueArt Support
    Foundry/modo from point of view of LightWave is 3rd party product.

TrueArt Support
    But I'm personally not interested in buying every tool lightwave lacks. I'm sure other users don't want to either.
    Soon they won't be able to, even if they would be begging for it, as there will be nobody to make them in the first place.

That's great that you're bringing this up, but NT/LW3DG has no interest in game developers. They've proven this over and over.
    When you know you're a "cup half-full" kind of guy:

"Sir; they've got us surrounded!"

"Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

"I" appreciate the effort LightScape. I've been working in UE4 for the last month and a half learning blueprint.
    Would be nice that when I finish learning, I could jump into LightWave and not have to jump through hoops to
    get Meshes and Animations into the program. Lets start another thread and hopefully people will stay on topic
    and not throw their 2 crappy pennies in.

Quote Originally Posted by VonBon View Post
    "I" appreciate the effort LightScape. I've been working in UE4 for the last month and a half learning blueprint.
    Would be nice that when I finish learning, I could jump into LightWave and not have to jump through hoops to
    get Meshes and Animations into the program. Lets start another thread and hopefully people will stay on topic
    and not throw their 2 crappy pennies in.

Oh yeah, please do! Cannot wait myself(paying customer) to add my crappy pennies into the other thread too, maybe some devs(Sensei, u got spare minute?) will join add their crap too!

As I said I'm not bothered in copying friggin' thread from The Foundry forums, I'm surprised Lightscape didn't bother to change few things in the copy because it's misleading, that's all.

O, was I talkn to you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast