Thread: Genoma creating 1 point polys

Genoma creating 1 point polys

Hi,
    I've been running into this since I started using Genoma. It keeps giving me 1 point polys when I use the Rig parts.
    This, of course doens't work when it comes time to Create in Layout.

Procedure: I load parts like connections and a legs. Then I weld them together. When I check them out with Polygon Info (I key), SOMETIMES it has one of them listed as a 1 point poly. Skelegons should be 2...
    Unfortuntely it can happen to parts I have already built and info-ed.
    It is somewhat erratic and I can build a successful Rig - but then, Blammo, there's my 1 pointer. It's usually only 1, but it ruins the Rig.
    I can even Info each part seprately and they all read as 2 point polys, but then I Info them altogether and I've got a 1 pointer.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And is there anything I can do to fix/not have it happen at all?

Also another issue - Is there a Genoma User Manual? I have been all over and can't find one.

Thanks for any and all help!
    Art

TrueArt Support
    If you disable Render Globals > Render Lines, 1 point polygons will be harmless in Layout..

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    I suspect you mis-welding parts together... perhaps you welding the whole connector to whatever, rather than just one "end" of it?

Other than the example in the docs, and the couple videos on the LW youtube, there's no other "documented" instruction for genoma. You can try my rigging series if you like (link in the sig), which contains section on using genoma, how to avoid problems and correcting for some of its lil bugs.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all