Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Messiah Studio Pro to be Sold ( . . . to Autodesk )

Messiah Studio Pro to be Sold ( . . . to Autodesk )

well, maybe not Autodesk, but it seems after all the years of indecision, that Fori's Baby will be sold off to another company.

Probably many of you received the Email Notification already.

Dear messiahStudio User:

Big changes are about to happen for messiahStudio and you. We have been working on a deal with a company
    that could change the industry, and give you an advantage as a messiahStudio user. We will be able
    to add more resources, improve the software, and give you a greater user experience; as well as support
    your projects in interesting ways. This will also mean the future cost of the product and upgrades, may not
    be solely under our control. You are being offered one chance to save on both current and future versions, before
    this happens.
    If you want to lock in your ability to take advantage of the current price savings, these are your last
    opportunities to do so. Don't say we didn't warn you

MESSIAHSTUDIO 5 USERS:
    Upgrade to version 6, so you are not priced out of the future:
    $20 http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/shop_upgradeBF6.html
    Anyone who is not on version 6 by the time this takes places, will not be able to upgrade, and will have
    to pay the new prices, as if you were a new user. There will be nothing we can do to help you after that point.

MESSIAHSTUDIO 6 USERS:
    If you want to lock in your future version price, avoid the price increase, and gain the advantages that
    new users will have, without paying the new user price, convert to a subscription license: You can cancel it at any time, and still
    run the version you have from that time forward. Your ability to run the software will not expire, only your access to new things
    from that point on. If you re-subscribe after that, it will be at the new price, so it's to your advantage to maintain it.
    This is the best deal we can give you as a current user; and soon you'll see why:
    $40 a year: http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/shopSUB6.html

We're sorry we can't disclose any more information at this time; our plans involve other companies,
    so we are not at liberty to put out new information, before the appropriate time.
    Thanks for your understanding. We look forward to sharing with you what's in store for the future.

Fori Owurowa
    President, pmG Worldwide LLC
    www.projectmessiah.com

pmG Worldwide LLC

The new messiahStudio6: used to create the world's first 360 degree 3D dome
    CG movie experience: TurtleTrek (SeaWorld, Orlando Florida) and for the
    short: 850 Meters, by Joeri Christiaen www.850meters.com

Or maybe he means his other 3D Technology for Monitors/TVs will be built in?? Or Steam Power???? Who knows..

What do you think?

Cheers,

Jeff

Seems a bit desperate to me. Subscribe now to something we won't tell you what it is except that the price will go up, and you won't be able to upgrade from 5. I bought into 6 because it was a bargain price at he time, but I still haven't done much except play with it, so I think I'll pass for now till I see something more concrete.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

That's indeed strange. To subscribe to something that is undisclosed. To me it seems alike the campaign of Messiah for 40$ is x people bought into it, remember? At the time also people talked about that it would be sold and it would be something like a userbase transfer to someone else. Let's see...

At last there is a chance that something good happens to this software. This would be the perfect CA toolset for LW imho.

Yeah great set of tools for CA no doubt. If you are on a budget then there are some good things there.

probably being bought by smith micro or daz 3d
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

or foundry yay!
    new web page up www.null.hr

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
    probably being bought by smith micro or daz 3d
    Based on the experience of further development of softwares bought by DAZ3D (Bryce, Hexagon, Carrara), if it's the case they're as good as dead...

Interesting that the pmG email says "COMPANIES" in one area and company in another. I wonder which is it?

I will bet that it WON'T be Newtek since NT seems to consistently drop the ball. OTOH... they haven't said ANYTHING about LW12 so maybe.... ?

Well... it's just wishful thinking.

Of course if it is Modo, I'll be okay with that too - just will be disappointed that NT didn't see the light. My opinion of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    Based on the experience of further development of softwares bought by DAZ3D (Bryce, Hexagon, Carrara), if it's the case they're as good as dead...
    Pretty much no different than pmG is right now.

I don't know seeing that Messiah is also already a plugin for LW, and the fact that lately LW3DG has been kown to take certain shortcuts to the various issues LightWave has inherently, Genoma, Gizmo for example, it is not that far fetched of an idea to entertain a merger or buyout in order to invest in it as a way to enhance LW functionality. Especially in the area of CA where LW is very weak.

It has been suggested here before on a couple occasions.

I initially assumed there would be little advantage to such a partnership. And I can imagine it would spark some dissent with those wanting a more unification-focused development, but when you think about it, really not that unreasonable to speculate.

One thing they both have in common. They don't like talking about development. And silence issue.... he he he. All smells NT.

Perhaps its with the makers of Fabric Engine. In any case, I already own Messiah 6 and will probably pay the $40 for the annual subscription so we'll just have to see what happens with it.
    Last edited by hrgiger; 09-27-2014 at 07:51 PM.

I think messiah can still be an awesome CA addon for lightwave users if things get handled correctly. Too bad the way the marketing is handled is super sloppy and inconsiderate.

M:S6 is still one of the best CA packages I've ever used, the mechanics of the software is still smooth as ever. It's up there with maya but without all the breakages and cleanup. Kinda wish it had more modeling/sculpting tools though.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 09-27-2014 at 09:15 PM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Perhaps its with the makers of Fabric Engine.
    This makes the most sense. From the wording of the email it's bringing tech into Messiah rather than selling out to someone like the foundry to use the Messiah tech in their software. But who knows, I can't see many users shelling out for a subscription with so little info.
    Matt Knott / VERSUS
    http://www.versus.nu

Quote Originally Posted by souzou View Post
    This makes the most sense. From the wording of the email it's bringing tech into Messiah rather than selling out to someone like the foundry to use the Messiah tech in their software. But who knows, I can't see many users shelling out for a subscription with so little info.
    Im hoping for Fabric Engine.

I think $40 is reasonable to ask for even with no info because they seem to be hinting at the fact that it might become quite a bit more expensive. If it was just PMG asking for $40, that would be one thing but theyre alluding that another company is about to step in so I think its worth the chance. They seem to suggest they could change the industry. If this were going to be an event in a theatre, Id pay $40 for a ticket to see such a show.

By the way, from the wording of the email, this sounds like a joint venture, not the selling off of Messiah to another company. You know, like Lux sold out to the foundry.
    Last edited by hrgiger; 09-28-2014 at 09:52 AM.

I think pmG would have to keep "their" name in tact to not "sell out".

The last time pmG made a big announcement without Wegg's videos, was uhhhh, never. So I guess you have a point HR in that this will be somewhat interesting news whenever it will be released.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast