Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Product News: NewTek Talkshow

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Each TalkShow unit handles a single Skype connection. There is a software application that allows you to control multiple TalkShow units from a central interface. If you wanted multiple callers you can pipe each TalkShow unit into your TriCaster (or other switcher [gasp!]) via SDI or NET inputs and then use an M/E to put them together on screen.
    So I can't have a second interviewee cued up while the first is still on? If not consider this a feature request.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Once more into the CPU!
    If a single TalkShow can handle a single call then what kind of wiring layout would we be looking at so you could get audio between 2 or more TalkShows and an anchor on set?
    TC Mini SDI 5-1-190425
    -BlackMagic Studio Cam
    -SDI cables
    -Spark SDI
    -LiveText w/SB2
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SKHSVideoProduction

While there is potential for unspecified other possibilities in time, for now you'd need to plan for outboard routing of a/v signals.

For example, a single upstream d/a could supply program output over SDI to a number of TalkShow units for return to the respective remote callers. On the 'send to mixer' side, you could variously use a router between multiple TalkShow units and a single mixer input, or you could run output from each TalkShow to an SDI input and let the Switcher operator choose which to display.

Those with TriCasters gain some extra benefits, in that you can use the Network output to supply the return feed to one TalkShow unit, without needing an SDI connection; also, you could feed Skype call output from two TalkShow units to TriCaster's two Net inputs, switching them freely without SDI cabling.

There are variations on this, of course, but in general this is how things would go...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

So if I am reading the post correctly, we can only have 1 Skype video at a time with out having to have multi Talk Show units. We were hoping that it would allow 2-3 people on Skype at a time.

That's correct. Skype and Microsoft develop the software providing the base level functionality for TalkShow, and at present, the concept involves 1 unit per Skype call, with local control on that unit's via its "Skype TX Client" interface, with somewhat more limited control over multiple units hosted on an external system if desired by software called "Skype TX Control". At this time, the latter is the means by which multiple channels can be supported. (Since the units are 1RU, they don't take up a lot of space in a rack.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Is there a manual for download yet. As I am trying to get the minister to OK on this purchase.

Not yet, sorry. We can try to answer any questions you have though.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Not yet, sorry. We can try to answer any questions you have though.
    Thanks Steve, just wanted to do some reading up to give the ministers more info. Will use what he site has for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12