Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 13

Quote Originally Posted by Consumer573 View Post
    Okay. I'm not sure how much of this thread is serious and how much is tongue and cheek. I'm considering the crossgrade purchase of LW 11.6. How does that stand compared to these other versions, real or imagined that everyone is talking about? I'll be doing Win7 64b 12G RAM. Ok or No-K?
    the current state of lightwave is 11.6..so the threadstarter went for a lightwave 13 thread, and consequently what follows should be taken by a grain of salt..or two, and since you donīt see any Real new news from newtek or the lightwave group, you should be able to do the math based on that.
    I myself is about to look for lightwave 16, but I have no clue on where to find it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motivalex View Post
    I travelled in the TARDIS with my mate Doctor ahead 4 years and there never was a LIghtwave 13. It was something else. Yes, the Doctor exists and not just a TV show. I can't say anymore at risk of causing at Temporal Paradox which might split the basline timeline into mini universes.
    Please tell me you're not Clara Oswald!

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speismonqui View Post
    I'm loving it so far!

On another note, now that 3dsmax and Houdini are EOL'd it looks like the guys at The Foundry are having difficulties splitting Maya 2016 into their 3 separate programs. Apparently the HUB between Mayaīs new modeler (integrated with Modo) and the Animator is working fine, but the second HUB (Animator-Render) is not stable. Great news for us and for Blendema 5D.
    Best post so far. Made me laugh too.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

13 is good, but it needs better character animation and uv tools.

LW13 fluid dynamics, smart particles and hybrid CPU/GPU render engine are awesome. I just wish there is some way we can edit object vertexes in Layout ...

Well I upgraded to Version 13 and I don't care what others might say, I am totally in love with the new multi-split app direction they've taken, Modeler, Layout, Rigmaster, UVmapper, Hubmaster, Animator and the stand alone renderer. I find each app is much cleaner and I'm better able to concentrate on the task at hand without distractions. Yet some people still want a unified environment, ca-razy.

Quote Originally Posted by sukardi View Post
    LW13 fluid dynamics, smart particles and hybrid CPU/GPU render engine are awesome. I just wish there is some way we can edit object vertexes in Layout ...
    Just right-click on the object, select Edit, and the Modeler palette appears. Easy peasy. Don't use the Magnet tool yet though--it will erase your hard drive.

G.

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    I really hope that 14 comes with some new texture presets. There's only so much you can do with shined iron and green cheese!

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Anybody else seeing this? Everytime I enable Displacement, my computer falls off the desk. This is in 15.3.

G.

Yes. Found a work around at the hardware store. They had a 5 pack of bungee cords for a buck.
    EVGA SR-2 MB, 2 x Intel XEON 5650 HEX core @4.05 ghz, 24 gig DDR2000 mem, Nvidia GTX460 2gig, WIN 7 64 PRO.

And here a desirable list:

A MUSCLE SYSTEM - yeah, we can't do realistic characters without it and LW is the only pack that does not have.

BULLET SOFTBODIES review - Actually it's not good.

NON DESTRUCTIVE KEYFREMABLE SCULPT IN LAYOUT ( Cronosculpt without that point cache thing )

MOCAP WORK ON LAYOUT ( Nevromotion 2 attached )

WEIGHTPAINT IN LAYOUT

ANIMATABLE WEIGHTMAPS

BETTER MESH DEFORM FOR CHARACTERS WITH COLLISION MESH DETTTECTED

GENOMA RIGS REVIEW - Less heavy rigs and no surface names please

ONLY ONE GENERAL TREE PANEL WITH SEARCH OPTION ON

INTERFACE GROUP PER INTEREST

DEFORM STACK

PERSPECTIVE VIEW TO CAMERA VIEW

COMPLEX DEFORM NODES - Skin and Influence Objects deformation nodes

NO PAINFULL FIBER FX or another fiber system

SCULPT TOOLS TO MODEL FIBERS

ALL THE 3RDPOWERS TOOLS INCORPORATED

Oh sorry, this is an old request. I've not seen the button " Do an Amazing 3D Film Now " on Lightwave 12.9
    Last edited by silviotoledo; 09-27-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

A MUSCLE SYSTEM - yeah, we can't do realistic characters without it and LW is the only pack that does not have.
    it does, it's just that nobody bothered to make it, try it...

in fact, Bullet Soft Dynamics combined with animated UV endomorphs, LightWave actually has fantastic unique muscle simulation capabilities. link to the UVE trick > http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....84#post1028484

WEIGHTPAINT IN LAYOUT
    the LightWave 3D Group promised this some time ago, so i'd expect to see this in LightWave 12

PERSPECTIVE VIEW TO CAMERA VIEW
    we do have it, go to "Match Perspective / Selected Camera"

NO PAINFULL FIBER FX or another fiber system
    well, the suggestion i sent to FogBugz is being implemented, so they are still working on improvements.

-------------

that said, i think the LightWave 13 thread was supposed to be ironic though... :°
    Last edited by erikals; 09-27-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by goakes View Post
    Yes. Found a work around at the hardware store. They had a 5 pack of bungee cords for a buck.
    Nice hardware fix. I went with software: a pillow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silviotoledo View Post
    And here a desirable list:
    Dood, yer harshin' our buzzz....
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

What are you guys talking about ? 13 already has all that stuff!

RTFPDF!!!!!

Oh, wait, the download link is broken again. Must be all the cross-graders from Autodesk overloading Newtek's file servers.

G.

Must be all the cross-graders from Autodesk overloading Newtek's file servers.
    i just hate when that happens...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast