Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five Free light probes

Five Free light probes

Hey guys,

I've just launched a new website dedicated to light probes, And am offering 5 free light probes,

Check it out,

illuminatedtools.com

The last couple of years I have been going all over capturing probes. So currently there are over 300, They are super useful and have been used on many productions and work great with Lightwave. We have found them so beneficial that I decided it was a product other people would enjoy. I'm trying to keep the pricing reasonable so if you see one you like you can get it for not to much.

Let me know what you guys think!
    illuminatedtools.com My great light probe Library.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carCurtain.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	124439

Here's a quick render I just did with the first free probe, int_day_cabin_red_curtain probe.

Very kind of you. Thanks!
    Ground control to Major Tom

Thanks for freebies, really nice stuff there and lot of probes at very affordable prices.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Awesome! Thank you!!
    System Specs: A pile of sand, a couple of wires, a real live mouse and a beer.

Hi. I really appreciate people sharing, but I'm wondering what these are. Are they hdri images? I went to download a couple of the free ones and my AV through off red flags of infection, so I aborted. Just wondering why an image would trigger a warning. Thanks

AV is probably just being overly cautious. Windows defender is okay with them.

yes they are HDRI probes, it's a zip with 2 files an exr and a jpg. the jpg is the same as the example, where it shows a tone mapped image and the ajax example renders, and the exr is the 4k spherical HDR probe. I just scanned them all with AVG and it didn't detect anything. Has anyone else had any problems with their AV program thinking they have viruses?

Many thanks for these. Would you recommend using these with Image World or Textured Environment?

These are very good probes Chris ! Cheers a whole bunch.
    Will definitely keep these in mind when there's a bit more cash on the horizon.

textured environment, set to y in both axis spots. set to spherical projection. and then to be technically correct -1 on either the xscale or width wrap amount. that's to match reality or the other renderers in lightwave ie octane maxwell somehow lightwave flips the image horizontaly.

thanks for the positive feedback I really hope people find them a useful as I have.

Thanks for sharing.
    No virus warnings here, but I am not using avg ...I thought that was to slow to use and had to many warnings, I am using avast and is very pleased with that one.

HDR sky images with a processed horizon that has no other elements in the ground, that would be interesting to see.
    And if you by any chance know where to find animated HDR cloud movements, that would be nice...maybe something to look in to for future photo sessions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HDRprobeLightingTest_comped.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	124473Thanks so much

btw. do you have a facbook page that I could use to reccommend your library and spread the word ?

I just set one up. https://www.facebook.com/illuminatedtools

ArtGoblin, would it be okay if I used that image you made? on the Facebook page as well as website?

also if anyone makes a cool image, that I could use in gallery let me know

Quote Originally Posted by wellsichris View Post
    I just set one up. https://www.facebook.com/illuminatedtools

ArtGoblin, would it be okay if I used that image you made? on the Facebook page as well as website?

also if anyone makes a cool image, that I could use in gallery let me know

Yes please go a head and use it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast