Thread: KB shortcut for secondary recording xd455

2005 NewTek Demo Guru

KB shortcut for secondary recording xd455

Ok, we're doing football with our 455 and would like to do instant replay with an ISO recording of the low/sideline camera, and the PGM out with another recording. However, to do this, I'm guessing we would need to start/stop the recording after each play, so each play is it's own clip (and auto loaded into the DDR), but I've noticed when you press the record button to start/stop it stops both recordings. Is there a way to keep the PGM recording going while starting/stopping the ISO sideline camera? Or is there a better way to accomplish this? If this isn't possible on the 455, I have a 410 I could possibly re-purpose for this project.

Jon
    Jonathan Crowe
    ETV Engineer
    www.etvhuntsville.com

With a TriCaster, only the primary channel is supported for instant replay operation, the secondary channels will always perform a full record. On the TC455, you would need Timewarp (http://newtek.com/products/control-s...tc-850-tw.html) to do instant replay. On the TC410 you can use Timewarp or create macros to perform replays, however Timewarp would still be better since it has a jog wheel and a T-bar that macros can't really emulate.

If you are looking for ISO recording for instant replays, that would be 3PLAY. 3PLAY will record all camera angles and mark across all of them with one button press, along with other features you would expect to find in a dedicated instant replay solution.
    Last edited by kanep; 09-19-2014 at 11:57 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

2005 NewTek Demo Guru
    Looks like I'll be using the 410 and macros for the time being (we don't have Timewarp at the moment). I've noticed the cut/feature sheet for the 410 lists it can record 4 separate channels. However, on our 410 I don't see the option for "secondary recording". Is this correct? If so, what are the 4 separate channels it claims to record? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

thanks
    Jon
    Jonathan Crowe
    ETV Engineer
    www.etvhuntsville.com

Make sure your TC410 is updated to rev 2-3 (free upgrade), this will turn on the ISOrecording feature.

http://new.tk/dl

Also, if you download my the macros for the iPad MIDI control, you can find the macros to mark in and mark out clips (replay macros), just reassign them to some other keyboard button or control surface button to get it running.

http://kanelp7.wix.com/kanesworld#!i...i-control/cmux
    Last edited by kanep; 09-25-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Jon,

Besides needing the newer software to get ISO recording on the 410, note that you can only record 2 video programs per hard drive. As the 410 does not have the front media bay that the 460 offers, if you want to record 3 or 4 channels, then you will need to connect an external hard drive using the eSATA port (the red one) on the rear of the 410.

For the slow motion, there is a new feature with the latest software for 410/460 - while REC is engaged, hitting "Shift + REC" will add a new clip to the DDR, which will be the last 4 seconds, immediately available for replay. This "clip" is just a pointer to the larger, contiguous file on the drive which does continue to record and grow. Therefore, once the short clip is added to the DDR, you do have the option to edit the IN and OUT points of the clip as needed.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

@JPulera: Between our first football broadcast and last weekend's, I updated to the latest software for our 460. Before the update, using a TimeWarp, I was able to record each individual replay as it's own distinct file. (Handy for archiving the best plays of the game.) After the update, using the TimeWarp, I now have one large file of the replay camera's feed. Is there anyway I can still have the 460 record each replay as it's own distinct file?

The new way that TriCaster records allows for you to have to have instant replay marking along with continuous record, a feature previously only available on 3PLAY. The system no longer breaks the recording into multiple clips as it previously did. This allows you to adjust in/out marks beyond what you selected.

If you want to get clips out for the replays, the best answer would be to use the Media Publishing feature. You can setup a File Copy as a destination, then publish the replays that you want and separate clips will be made of them. You can make the publish feature be a macro, so highlights that you want can be published as needed with a keypress. If you just want all highlights at the end of the game, I think you can select all of the clips in the DDR and then publish them all from the right click menu (but I'm not in front of a system to verify this). The publish feature can be have it target set as a network drive, if you typically are copying the highlights to some other location for review, the media publish feature can work as your copy process that you were manually performing before.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

@kanep: Thanks for the info. When I get a chance, I will take more time to digest all of it. I'm just create my first macro last week so I'm definitely a newbie with publishing et al...

2005 NewTek Demo Guru
    Wow, it sounds like 2-3 will do exactly what I'm trying to do (keep continuous recording going and have individual sections for replay) just by hitting shift-r. I've finished the download; 477mb x 15 segments, now time to install. Of course it sounds like I'll soon have to do it all over again for 2-4, but worth it for a free upgrade!

Jon
    Jonathan Crowe
    ETV Engineer
    www.etvhuntsville.com