Thread: Deleting Geometry

Deleting Geometry

Hi,

Now this is one of those things I am slightly confused about even though I have been on LW for a while now.
    I tend to press the minus key to get rid of geometry though I have just realised that I am really only hiding this, as it's still there when I press the backslash key and when I send to Layout.
    Not apart from copying the whole object and pasting it into a new object is there a way to delete rather then hide geometry? Bearing in mind I have one of this short wireless keyboards without a numeric keypad.

Thanks.

TrueArt Support
    Press delete, not minus key..

Have you tried the delete key? If that key is not on your keyboard you can always remap the command "remove" to another key.
    For Is and Is-not though with Rule and Line
    And UP-AND-DOWN by Logic I define,
    Of all that one should care to fathom, I
    was never deep in anything but--Wine.

What you're doing is hiding the geo, not outright deleting it.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Yes I know, this I was you get with a smaller keyboard, I will remap the shortcut from now on, thanks so much for your help.

Unsure of which KB you have but all of the abbreviated ones that I have seen have Function capability that doubles the use of letter keys to restore the numpad and Page Up, Page Down, Home, End, Insert, Delete keys. Lacking that, you could just Cut the selected polys with Ctrl-x and not paste them.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Ahh...one of those things, for me it has been the opposite, I am so used to delete for any item as it is in modeler, that I was a little frustrated that - deletes an item in layout and not delete key..as it is assigned to delete keyframes.

some people seem to like it that way if you animate a lot with keyframes, for me I felt it shouldnīt be there as a default and have it more consistent with modeler and other software, but I guess it is up to ourselves to change that if you want to.