Thread: Tricaster Studio CANNOT WRITE UNDO/REDO file error

Tricaster Studio CANNOT WRITE UNDO/REDO file error

After closing TriCaster down to Administrative (Windows) environment, transferring some graphics from a Jump Drive to the Media Drive and launching TriCaster Studio again, the system started giving me an error every time I loaded graphics into the DVRs (some graphics were new; some had already been used in the past.) I assume the file or folder that TriCaster is looking for has become corrupt, and Windows can't complete the operation. But that didn't keep the graphic from loading into the DVR, so I was able to build a list.
    On top of that, TriCaster started locking up. I couldn't take it back to Administrative environment and was forced to power it down and back up (not the best solution to that problem, but CTL/ALT/DELETE didn't work, either.)
    When TriCaster restared, it lost the ability to use the control surface to punch between sources on PVW and PGM rows. The rest of the CS worked. I could use AUTO, TAKE and the Fader Bar, plus change the key sources.
    Naturally, all of this happened 1/2 hour before a live HS Football Broadcast last Friday night. I'm pleased to say that I was able punch up sources into PVW using the PC Keyboard and use AUTO and TAKE to put them on the air.
    The system won't allow me to shut TriCaster down safely.
    At this point in time, I'm wondering if I should use the option of RESTORING FACTORY DEFAULTS on the boot-up. Does this sound like the proper thing to do? Of course, since I have a Studio that is pretty basic, the config is quite easy, so I'm not looking at anything that will be difficult to recover from if I start with a clean slate. Has anyone out there been in a similar situation?
    Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Update: we performed the RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS and the system is healthy again. I'm not getting the UNDO/REDO file errors when loading DDR material, and the system is allowing me to close TriCaster and go to the administrative level. Glad to have the Restore option. Pretty painless.