Thread: Live Production TriCaster Wireless Intercom Solutions

Live Production TriCaster Wireless Intercom Solutions

We have a complete 4-channel wired Clear-Com setup for our production but are considering wireless for our broadcasts as well. Besides the Clear-Com wireless solution due to price constraints, what are you using for wireless intercom to connect to camera crew to call shots.

Looking for affordable solutions as a band aide until we can get more budget to purchase a full wireless setup. Thanks in advance.

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    We use in our productions VCOM by IntraCom Systems. We are also resellers in it since it impressed me so much. It is pretty amazing in all it can do. You can even use your local ClearCom alongside VCOM. That is exactly what we do. We use both a local server setup and more often a cloud based configuration. Nice to be able to have your crew just download a free app and they instantly have a belt pack on their phone.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Going to check this out!

I bought a used HME wireless system (http://www.clearcom.com/product/wireless/HME-DX300ES).

No sure what kind of productions you do but I have been happy with my new Eartec solution.
    The new system works far better than the old TD900 stuff.

Ed
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 860AE Owner

What are the costs these days on wireless com systems?
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    CRO - Chief Relationship Officer
    [email protected]
    http://www.newtek.com

Follow NewTek on Twitter!
    @PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by pnelson View Post
    What are the costs these days on wireless com systems?
    RTS BTR-240 2.4 GHz Wireless Base Station - $3150 plus RTS TR-240 Beltpack at $885 each with up to 8 on the BTR-240 basestation and of course add in $200-300 for a decent headset per beltpack. $10-12k for a basic 8 person crew setup. This is actually older 2.4ghz wireless technology.

Newer ClearCom FreeSpeak comparable system would be more like the 15-20k range

EarTec wireless systems are cheaper without a doubt but they are no where near the same quality as the ClearCom or RTS offerings in range, sound quality, and overall feature set of being able to be tied into a larger production PL or Matrix system.

Newer IP Based wireless solutions like Unity Intercom or VCOM by IntraCom Systems are much more cost effective because you BYOD (Bring your own Device) instead of investing in hardware that will eventually be outdated. They only thing you have to be sure of is setting up a strong wireless network onsite and having LTE availability to fall over to helps too. Unity is the most cost effective while VCOM is more feature rich and flexible. We use both of them for our clients and own productions. Unity is super simple to deploy. VCOM just gives us anything we want from any direction including tying into our onsite Dante Comms solutions which is super slick. One button press and I can speak directly to any camera operator from literally ANYWHERE on the planet.
    Last edited by PIZAZZ; 09-08-2016 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added Comms over IP info
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI