Thread: ip adres ptz cameras

ip adres ptz cameras

hi all

i have an upcoming job that will require the setup of at least 2 ptz cameras
    these will be left in the building and i would like to connect to them via ip address at different days throughout the year

has anyone done this type of remote broadcast before ifso what cameras do u recommend and whats best way to input into tricaster (i have a 410)

What kind of PTZ cameras?

TriCaster will control some types of PTZ of cameras via IP, but the video still comes in over SDI (or analog).

Its possible that some IP cameras might be able to be configured to work in a NET input, but the NET inputs do not have PTZ control.
    Last edited by kanep; 08-22-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    We have done just that same thing Kane. We still ate up an SDI input channel by using it for PTZ control and then sucked in the IP stream from the camera into the Net Input.

We added in lots of macro programming to make the switching as seamless as possible.

Answers to Bob's Questions:

Panasonic HE60 PTZ cameras have IP streams available

Panasonic He120 PTZ cameras are what we use the most since I feel they have a better picture but they do not have IP stream out capabilities. Their HD-SDI output looks fantastic though.

Keep in mind that you are going to have a nice amount of bandwidth from this remote site back to your TriCaster. You might think about doing a Teradek encoder/decoder solution also. Add in a HDSDI embedder to bring audio into the upload to the TriCaster too. Audio out of the remote site's audio board into the embedder to combine with the SDI output to upload to your TriCaster. Just pulling the IP stream from a remote camera like the He60 will not give you audio.

Your big key is going to be adequate bandwidth. Most importantly is upload bandwidth at the remote site.
    Last edited by PIZAZZ; 08-22-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

tx guys

what teradek system do u recommend?

So if you're bringing in an IP stream from a PTZ camera you still have to eat up an SDI input to get PTZ control? Does it really make that SDI input otherwise unusable?

And why isn't there PTZ control on the net input?
    Last edited by bryanharley; 04-24-2016 at 06:21 PM.

It not using up a SDI input to control a camera, that is just what the camera PTZ controls are assigned to. There are many people that use camera 1 PTZ (or any other number) to control a camera connect on a NET input.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

OK, that's what I thought, thanks for confirming. I haven't used the TC's PTZ controls yet, but we're going to be testing soon.