Thread: Wireless HDMI Video during live production

Wireless HDMI Video during live production

So I am aware of most of the wireless solutions but ran into this by accident. A wireless HDMI unit with no latency.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...FZSFfgodiwYA7w

From reading other post, amazon reviews, etc. It seems like this might be a cheap simple easy solution to plug in a GoPro via HDMI output, wireless transmit to flypack, convert HDMI to SDI with BMD mini converter, and into a 860.

It's so damn cheap I'm willing to buy it to try it. Anybody else seen or used something like this consumer product before?

I'm sure I'll run into problems for this price and can't expect much but the fact that it might work... It's worth an estimated risk to me.

I'm sure someone has seen, heard about, or tried it. Thanks in advance for your comments.

I have one. The range is decent, about 150-160' line-of-site. Make sure the antennas are high and can see each other.
    TC40 and a host of other switchers
    Canon & Sony Camcorders, Sony PTZ Cameras
    Cabling: SDI

How well does it work? Latency issues? Drop out?

Hello,

there is a professional version availabale, the Paralinx Arrow Plus
    http://www.paralinx.net/store/arrow-plus

Main difference compared to the cheaper version on amazon is the software that is running on the devices and the number of PCB antennas inside of the devices.

I myself have a set of this Arrow Plus units, mainly used for short distance links. They work pretty well as long a you are not getting to the limits.
    At some distance they degrade the picture , so with more and more distance it gets more and more noisy until the commmunication breaks up completely where it then could take up to a couple of seconds before it reconnects if the signal gets better.

Initially we bought them for our copters but the distance is too less for this purpose.

best regards,
    Walter
    TC8000 / TW850
    Cables: Belden 1694/Canara Connectors
    Cams: Sony PWM-EX3, Sony HDR-CX430/BMD HDMI2SDI

No latency issues at all. I agree with Labmaster when he says they can take some time to reconnect once they lose it. I have not used the Paralinx version so I can't compare range. I power the transmitter from a small portable 5vdc cell phone backup power cell.
    TC40 and a host of other switchers
    Canon & Sony Camcorders, Sony PTZ Cameras
    Cabling: SDI