Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaf on a Branch - Designing a new look for a logo

Leaf on a Branch - Designing a new look for a logo

This is something I've been working on. It's a small part towards a whole re-branding for a Local restaurant. Love how easy it is to do work like this with LW these days... "realistic" shading from a siluette of a logo kind of work. VPR comes in really strong in the design phase.

ohh... and here's the render straight outta LW:

Are you replacing the logo or creating a photoreal version of it for your collateral? This looks somewhere between an abstraction and photoreal, so not sure what your intent is here.

Sorry for the poor explanation It's not the final logo design, but a colleague of mine is designing a new logo and look for their menu and I did a "photoreal" version of one of the logo-idea... it's just a quick mock-up to be able to get the project. If all goes well I'll be making a better version of this.

It's neat looking. It it supposed to be a peach or apple?
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Quote Originally Posted by ernpchan View Post
    It's neat looking. It it supposed to be a peach or apple?
    Hehe... you decide I think it kind of looks like an apple, but it's just one letter of the whole logo... just needed something to work from. I'll do the whole logo when it's design is finalized

so... the deal with this project is that I've only had these last two days to come up with a look and 3d take on the logo. And this is what I've got to show up for it. These images will be used to try and fish in a project for a whole re-brand of the place. The client may have no need for a photorealistic 3D rendering of his logo.... but we decided to throw it in the mix more to make the client more interested in working with us and hopefully also curious.

Looks good, but I think a logo should at least be legible. In this case I can only make out "RAN".

Bran?
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

haha... It's still missing it's first letter... It's going to need a bit more attention than the rest of the letters, and I think I might have some time to fix it before we meet the client. The brand's name is "Flóran"

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Very nice approach and I like the use of the leaf for the accent in Flóran. The leaf does start to protrude almost center of the o, maybe moving it slightly to the left will further achieve the look of an accent in the ó. It's also difficult to make out the o and this maybe because the l and o are the only two letters that are joined together.

Looking forward to seeing how you will incorporate the letter F.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtGoblin View Post
    ... "realistic" shading from a siluette of a logo kind of work. VPR comes in really strong in the design phase.
    This was a vector file to start?
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

It's nice that you're taking the extra effort. To me the tips are too sharp for a logo, look prickly and not inviting. Also, if it's for a restaurant you might want to change the browns of the letters to something more appetizing.

This started out as a vector file, but only used in he 3Dprocess as a template.
    And yes, I agree that the sharp corners might not be ideal for smaller versions of the logo.
    This last revision of the original vector design, is a bit more balanced (me thinks) than the earlier ones.

Here's the final and unfortunately also probably the last version. I'm afraid that this won't happen since the idea still isn't pitched, but who knows at least it was fun to work on.

Here you can see the last revision of the vector logo (not my design) with my 3D designed take on it.

Cheers !
    Last edited by ArtGoblin; 08-25-2014 at 06:26 AM.

One more photoshop revision.... trying to make it more monotone to give the red leaf a bit more weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast