Thread: How do you make teeth?

Talking How do you make teeth?

I'm creating a wolf model and I would like to learn how to model it's muzzle where it has teeth and a nose (I have eye balls, but they're just spheres at this point, so any advice on how to make a sphere look more like an eye ball, and how to add an eye lid that would be great too!)
    anyways, this model will talk, and growl, and howl, and use its mouth A LOT, so I would guess that would make modeling the mouth tougher. so if anyone has a link to a tutorial about this, or perhaps some helpful hints then that would be great!

Wolf teeth are pointy so it could be a suddivided box. Or modify a sphere to make one end pointy and bend the shape to add some curvature.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

why not start a thread in the "LW - Gallery for Work-In-Progress" section, you can show what you have so far and ask for advice.
    Generally creature modeling requires you to have, at the very least, some solid groundwork regarding good understanding of polygon flow, especially if the wolf will be animated the model needs deformation-proof topology. Read this, it's from an ex pixar artist: http://www.hippydrome.com/Skeleton.html He uses a humanoid for examples but the principles are the same for any organism with an endoskeleton. If you're looking for a quadruped-specific modeling tutorial, the book "Inside LightWave 8" has a step-by-step one on modeling a giraffe with subpatches.
    Last edited by sampei; 08-08-2014 at 11:58 AM.

grab some images of a long snout dog skull and get to work.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Here's my 10 minutes worth

Attachment 123584

Bored so modelled on a bit. The idea is you do a bit of a Michelangelo and reveal the hidden... teeth.

- Quick 3D Coat image to object.

Attachment 123600

Attachment 123601

I mean you smooth shift out the teeth individually. Make poly for the back sides and "loop select" to Cut micro bevels.

Attachment 123602