Thread: Tricaster 860 RTMP network video sources

Tricaster 860 RTMP network video sources

Hey, does anyone have a lot of experience integrating RTMP streams in to their productions by using the Network video source option on the Tricaster's network inputs?

We have started to do quite a bit of it and we have been finding that pulling the RTMP in to Wirecast and then sending it to the Tricaster as an SDI source creates a better quality input than if we use the Tricaster's own Network Video capability.

We are a bit surprised by that. With the Tricaster we are finding the input gets jittery every now and then. Tricaster and Wirecast are on the same network and we are comparing RTMP via Wirecast and RTMP direct to Tricaster side by side in Preview/Program using the same source.

We have been told by Zixi that they have been talking to Newtek about integrating their RTMP wrapping in to Tricasters. Zixi is already integrated in Wirecast, the Livestream Studios and a bunch of appliance encoders and other devices. It would be useful for Tricasters too.

regards, Scott
    3xScreen Media - the online video experts
    www.3xscreen.co.uk

We use 860, 850 & 450 Tricasters, 3Play 425, Livetext laptops, LT Scoreboards, UltimateTV Midi Doll, Young Monkey's Mastercontrol.

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    I agree that Zixi magic would be beneficial to have in the TriCaster. We are having to use LiveStreamStudio boxes just as encoders because they support Zixi. I sure would like to lighten that extra weight.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Jef,

Zixi are able to wrap outgoing communications with a utility that could be run on a TriCaster system, using that you can stream with Zixi without the need for external solutions.

Andrew

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Thanks for the reply President Cross.

When you get a chance please send me any information or contact folks at Zixi that I can coordinate this with. Trying to lose this extra weight. Thanks!
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI