Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RHiggit 2 discussion thread

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar

RHiggit 2 discussion thread

So... I'm opening up this thread for discussions of RHiggit 2 tools. Questions, feedback, feature req's, etc... pop 'em here.

Cheers.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Thanks for help in former thread.
    I saw digits video before. but what I didn't understand is that in presets IK is default and I must change it to IK/FK to edit parts.and in bone/null type select bone and in null/deform type select goal to change it. Right?

and I did't know that

"To hold that pose, select the hip, and then right click, and make a key frame. Then, when you switch to FK, your posed limb doesn't change."

thanks.I can go next step.
    Last edited by mataori; 07-12-2014 at 02:52 AM.

It varies from part to part which is the default at generation, but you can switch different options for different parts. It got noted somewhere along the way during beta, in the docs/videos somewhere or other... There is now a final video detailing this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8NJVypTY8

There's also one coming that details using the IKFK switching, and how to treat it during animation... that'll be along soon, as well as others.

Stay tuned. Cheers.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Since you probably didn't catch it:
    -When adding a pair of digits to the standard biped's head, they appear @ <0,0,0> instead of slightly offset from the head joint.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

I didnt catch that specifically, nope... but I do need to have a breeze over the initial positioning for things a bit I think, there's probs a couple that could do with a tidy up.

"Adding digits to a head"... ah, just to take it at face value, it sounds so ridiculous... I love what Ive gone and made here (:
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

It's a left over from the last release candidate.

While I'm here...
    Feature Suggestions! (not requests)
    -Integrated CP Spine and Autowalk. Mine work, but it's a pain reconnecting mine after every iteration of the fit -> rig cycle. Yeah, I'm lazy.
    -Having the Head Tip available to connect things to? It's an aesthetics thing, i guess.
    -I can't remember if legs were going to be unrolled like the arms or not...

Still, Rhiggit's a great tool. My initial test case was rigged in less than 10 minutes, and another 15 for the weights.
    I like the fact the deform controls make it easier to find the hold controller nulls, so limits can be set (like on pelvic and underarm holds).
    It will be interesting to see what trouble I can get into with this...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    (...)
    "Adding digits to a head"... ah, just to take it at face value, it sounds so ridiculous... I love what Ive gone and made here (:
    Well, I've seen similar things.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Futurama.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	123002
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Here's an old one, come back to haunt...
    -Having an underscore as the leading character causes problems in various areas of Rhiggit2 - like adding a spacer at the hips, or adding hold pairs there as well. Simplest solution would be to remove the leading underscore in the initial set up dialogue; If you enter "_TEST" for a name, it simply becomes "TEST", so you don't wind up with "__TEST"; it's the double underscore that causes problems.
    *edit1*: Adding a spacer to a standard biped hip joint, regardless of character name, is generating an lscript error : Line 465, Invalid Object Reference. It's either that, or you hardcoded in something specifically to give me fits. What brought this one on was trying to duplicate the setup you just presented in the RH2 release thread, about hip and butt holds.
    *edit2*:Trying to add the pelvic holds to a hip girdle joint is generating the following : Line 566, invalid object reference. I am selecting the first spine joint, and the left hip girdle joint, and then trying to add a hold pair, at which pooint RH2 throws the error.
    *edit3*: After reverting to last saved, and adding the butt hold bones first, it works as demonstrated. Grrr....
    Last edited by Kryslin; 07-13-2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: more information
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Does this support lightwave 9.6?
    I would like to see a video of a face rig do a simple yet practical lipsync session saying something like "welcome to rhiggit animation".

Sadly nope... You need 11.6+ for this plugin. If it were just limited to things like the spline control options, I would produce a "throwback" version that allowed users of previous versions to have access to it, but sadly there are additions made to the SDK in the 11 series that the plugins rely upon and about which, I can do nothing.

Otherwise, no face rig in this version for the time being. A good face rigger is something on the research list, but no news worth reporting for the minute Im afraid.

Cheers.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Nothing to see... crossposted with RH...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Just added a 2.02 update. Couple important fixes and notes. As usual, see the changelog.

Cheers.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Doing some rigging, and problems with the shoulders as usual....

Is there any easy way in Rhiggit to do the split clavicle bone trick you show in the RHR series? I would have thought this would have been built into Rhiggit as it almost seems vital for shoulder defs

The reason I ask is because Rhiggit gives a lot of power to rigging noobs (like me) and more often then not, just enough to get a noob into trouble. Adding in some customized deformers with different hierarchies and targeting can be a bit daunting....I have had Rhiggit rigs blow up just by deleting static hold bones, so I kinda want to stay within the system if possible.

Doh....

I guess thats exactly what the spacer does....

pay more attention next time I guess

You can do it with deformRig based rigs... just use the spacers on the deforms panel... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-E0HhLyAJY You can put these at various joints around a character not just shoulders.

Cheers.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast