Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: RHiggit 2 discussion thread

Well, I'm working on my own solution for toggling FiberFX on and off - a nice simple layout master that looks for render starts and render done, and toggles it on and off as needed, so it's not terribly important

The other is a limited use case: I had a 'toon pony to rig, and the eyes, the eyes... Spare 6" refractive telescope lenses. . I got it done, used RHiggit2 for most of it, and added the eyes manually once the rig was finalized.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Another annoying frustration - with the advent of LW 2019.1, it is no longer an easy task to tell when RHiggit is working. Layout freezing while RHiggit works is a big indicator, but none of the little indicators are there anymore...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

RHiggit2 & Wt maps

Started re-watching the series again & picking up on things pretty quickly even after a several year lapse. Been having pretty good luck with the FBX exports now out of Daz so thought I'd try some tests.

I actually dug back a bit further than that and brought in a Poser 11 update of Android Andy into Daz. Left him as-is & exported to FBX, exporting morphs as he has some I like for the head. Opening into Layout, the FBX rig works fine in FK of course but I'd like things simpler & with IK.

So I saved out the object with new name, & brought that into Layout & fired up Body Builder and was pretty much there with the basic adjustments. Discovered a couple bones using wrong wts. & cleaned up some wt. maps on the geom as Andy has separate parts in some spots. After that cleanup, he's doing pretty good for a first stab. Still haven't added in any hands or finger parts yet but soon I'm sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RiggedAndyTest.gif 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	145715

Quick question: Does RHiggit's Body Builder take it's Wt. Maps info from the exisitng geom no matter what the name, or is there some other convention being followed? Couldn't find the vid that covered that.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

As far as I know, RH2 doesn't do anything with weight maps. When I've built rigs, I have to assign the weights to the deform rig (in one test character, that is some 150 maps assigned across 226 bones), hence my Sym. Weight Assignment tool...

RH would have to answer for any certainty.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    As far as I know, RH2 doesn't do anything with weight maps. When I've built rigs, I have to assign the weights to the deform rig (in one test character, that is some 150 maps assigned across 226 bones), hence my Sym. Weight Assignment tool...

RH would have to answer for any certainty.
    The reason I ask is that most times it picks the right one, but not always.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

HAs anyone been able to contact Craig and recieve a reply?

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536