Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: RHiggit 2 discussion thread

Have you found a way to get the audio to work properly? It seems to be hit or miss with my systems. Audio on my laptop studders and jumps no matter if it's .wav or mp3. On my MacPro tower it seems to sometimes be OK and other times not so much. Any ideas or set ups to improve the performance? Thanks.

Write ones own audio scrubber line like Joe Alter did in shave & Haircut I have mentioned it before.

Would this be a plug in? or L script or Python script that would need to be written? Also, where would I find your info on this? Thanks.

HI, I've sent an email some days ago and a PM here to know info about the plugin but with any response....

Where can I ask informations about it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Ariandesign; 08-10-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Has anyone here been able to get retargeting working with Rhiggit 2? I'm trying to retarget some Mixamo animation data however I'm not having much luck with it.

I've followed the demo video but my results are way off.

If anyone knows of any documentation on this it would be a real help.

Thanks,

Simon

I've managed to make it work, and had a decent laugh as one of my cat-girls played basketball.

When retargeting, it helps that your base pose matches the mocap data's initial pose.

You'll have to go through each skeleton, and match up what is what. Do it by location, not by name. Eg, in a RH2 rig, the knee might be named "upper_leg" or something.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Thanks for the reply Kryslin.

I managed to get the main mocap retargeted and yes, sometimes the names do not match up. Got a nice pipeline together but my issue now is the fingers - cant seem to map them to the mixamo data correctly.

Do you have any idea how to approach the fingers so they map correctly?

Cheers,

Simon

Not really, I'm afraid. I used the Cornell Mocap data, and the hands there are just a single bone.

Still, some pains were taken to make sure the joints there lined up; finger<n>_1 is the knuckle, _2 is the next joint, _3 is the third joint, and finger1 is usually the thumb, finger2 the index finger, etc.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Gotta be asked, I guess...
    Now that LW2018 is out, what's in store for Rhiggit2?

I mean, the tool is what I call mature (with a few niggling issues), so what happens next?
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Gotta be asked, I guess...
    Now that LW2018 is out, what's in store for Rhiggit2?

I mean, the tool is what I call mature (with a few niggling issues), so what happens next?
    what are the niggling issues? Thinking about buying this atm.
    Would anyone have any opinion on Rhiggit compared to modo anim tools and plugins?

The niggling issues are very minor issues dealing with where some digits and joints get placed, requiring a little bit of extra work to fix; They, in no way, detract from the fact that RHiggit2 is an awesome, powerful, flexible tool that can cut days off your time to rig a complicated character. Add in 3rdPowers Paint Weights...

The pro version is worth the money for it's flexibility alone...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

I have a feature request for RHiggit 2018
    IF FiberFX is active, disable it. Otherwise, Moving something in the scene will trigger FFX updater, and it will be 3s - 2m before Layout responds. Also, warn the user that FFX has been disabled.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Again, another feature request for RHiggit, this one more rigging related... (The FiberFX one is very annoying, especially when you have multiple layers of FFX on a mesh, and I'm not kidding about the time to scrub between frames).

A Toon Eyes option, similar to William Vaughan's tutorial for odd shaped eyes. It basically adds a bone which deforms the eye bone, but not the mesh, so that rotations match an elliptical eye. Of course, of this is in there already... please ignore this.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

I'm about to start my first character animation project since 11.6. Is RHiggit working as expected?

I'm on 2018 at the moment, considering the upgrade.
    Last edited by rdolishny; 02-19-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Again, another feature request for RHiggit, this one more rigging related... (The FiberFX one is very annoying, especially when you have multiple layers of FFX on a mesh, and I'm not kidding about the time to scrub between frames).

A Toon Eyes option, similar to William Vaughan's tutorial for odd shaped eyes. It basically adds a bone which deforms the eye bone, but not the mesh, so that rotations match an elliptical eye. Of course, of this is in there already... please ignore this.
    I used the modifier stack for this. set the deformation order.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast