Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RHiggit 2 discussion thread

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Yep, yep... a lil wonky there.

V203-c... fixed

Regarding pythonising... it really wouldnt do much to help, as the traceback is only of use when you hit an actual code error or mishap. Code which works but just gives the wrong result, would pass unnoticed. Otherwise, the code in RHiggit is modular enough that I can always traceback to where problems have stemmed from, also aided ofc by the fact that I know the pipe where any given bit flows through.

Cheers.
    Last edited by RebelHill; 07-30-2014 at 06:54 AM.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    Yep, yep... a lil wonky there.

V203-c... fixed

Regarding pythonising... it really wouldnt do much to help, as the traceback is only of use when you hit an actual code error or mishap. Code which works but just gives the wrong result, would pass unnoticed. Otherwise, the code in RHiggit is modular enough that I can always traceback to where problems have stemmed from, also aided ofc by the fact that I know the pipe where any given bit flows through.

Cheers.
    Wow you are fast... ThanX

Still testing out riggit so far it is huge time saver. Nice job!

Ik/FK switch constraints still are not working for the deform rig when adding fingers in arm mode (V203-C)

FK controls on the Deform rig do not default to Xray mode. It makes it difficult to see/select the controls when mesh is GL mode. Not sure if its a bug or intentional but to have to keep switching them to Xray mode all the time is a bit laborious and a bit of a workflow killer.

Not sure what you mean by the "IKFK switch constraints"... All appears normal here... the 2 modes function as expected, and the switch itself is locked between 0 and 1 on its Y. Do notice, ofc, that you have a different default when using the fingers settings on the arms tab, whereby the fingers are added in "group" mode, thus all fingers share a single IKFK switch, rather than there being a separate switch for each finger.

And nope... the main FK and IK controls default to non xray mode... it makes the rig a visual nightmare when you can see though everything. Only items which would normally be "within" the mesh are xray default (offsets and deform controls). Ideally you should size the main FK and IK controls so as they are visible around the mesh rather than within it.
    Last edited by RebelHill; 07-30-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

The "switches" are not locked at 0-1, instead they go from -1 to 1 (see picture)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IKswitch.PNG 
Views:	147 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	123355

It also appears that the fk arm controller it causing the IK finger controllers to rotate (see picture) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fk_rotates_ik.PNG 
Views:	151 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	123356

Here is a sample scene
    Attached Files Attached Files

hmmm... they're 0-1 locked for me... but there were a couple such things occurred elsewhere previously, I'll have a comb through to pick out all the limit functions to see where that is and whats going on there.

As for the second thing... RHiggit tries to "interpret" ideal parenting locations for things based on the rig hierarchy. In the case of attaching digits to a limb, it will generally parent the digit IK nulls under the IK control for that limb (under the main IK control, but above the IKActual). Ofc, not every such interpretation will always fit the way you desire to use the rig. In the case where you have an IKFK switched arm, then the digit IK nulls are children of the arm IK null, but whilst that arm is in FK mode, the IK is autosnapped to the FK, thus, rotating the FK will take with it the IK, which in turn will take the digit IK.

This therefore is one of those situations where you will want to reparent things for yourself, as is described in the parenting video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8TdFKMzHY as placing things under different parents will give different outcomes in the way the rig operates.

Also, the fact that the IK finger nulls "fly off" the way they do is down to the out of range setting on the IKFK switch null... going beyond the 0-1 range on the switch will overload the transform.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by RebelHill; 07-30-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Right-o... V204 up...

Should fix up those lil niggles you've had there. For your character you showed, ofc, just run it through a rig/fit operation and it'll be fixed up.

Cheers.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Thanks! I will give it go

A somewhat odd question:

Someone wants me to rig characters using Rhiggit2. They don't have a copy of the plugin, and they use Lightwave 11.5.
    What would I have to do to the rig to make it compatible with 11.5, and not violate the license for the plugin?
    As I still haven't gotten the hang of Spline control, it won't be used in the generated rigs.

(Getting him to buy a pro copy of RH2 and upgrade to 11.6.2 is out of the question - given the problems he had going from 9.61 to 11.5, I almost had to fly down and help with the upgrade.).

Also: Still noting that a pair of digits, when attached to the head, is showing up at the origin, and not near the parent item.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Well, there's no licencing on the rigs themselves, you can share those around as much as you like. For making them work in 11.5 the only thing that should be necessary is to not use any spline control parts, and also ofc to click through the multitude of "node input not found" warnings you'll get. You'll probs also want to remove the marker hierarchy from the finished thing, as it'll just be dead weight.

And yes, no dealing with the initial positioning hiccups atm... inconveniences are filing behind breakages for the minute.

Cheers.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Ok, got it. I've still got a live 11.5 install, I can go through and hack things apart, and save them out.

Still, isn't there a freebie input node that newtek put out to solve that "Node Input not found?" nonsense?
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

CONGRATS R.H.
    They finally placed you on the Third - Party plug-in page, gasp!
    I hope you have a few beers on this pyrric victory , which users
    embarassed them into doing.
    Rebel On Craig.

Now we need to lobby for a page for 3rdPowers too!

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    Well, there's no licencing on the rigs themselves, you can share those around as much as you like.
    wonder, how does this affect selling stuff on for example TurboSquid... ?
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast