Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RHiggit 2 discussion thread

I think part of my problem is it isnt working in 11.6.3...AFAIK

The spacer is added at the shoulder, but the rotation isnt applied to the spacer joint....

when I add it in 11.6.2 the rotation is also applied to the spacer joint (the center of rotation is the center of the joint)

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Yes, 11.6.2 is rpeferred at the moment. If you've not seen or got the 202 update for this, grab that also.

Cheers.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Heffalump
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    I think part of my problem is it isnt working in 11.6.3...AFAIK

The spacer is added at the shoulder, but the rotation isnt applied to the spacer joint....

when I add it in 11.6.2 the rotation is also applied to the spacer joint (the center of rotation is the center of the joint)
    11.6.3 and 11.6.2 should be identical - the only change was for licensing. That's very odd.
    Inactive.

could be me...not ruling that out

but several attempts at both, and it only worked in 11.6.2

it might have been that because one control is directly under another I was clicking both....??

What is the recommended FBX workflow with Rhiggit 2....I know we had RH FBX rigs prior to version 2

I would like to animate in motionbuilder and bring back into lightwave....I know we can retarget, but that is an extra step and probably not 100% the best solution if we will always be using MB.

Does the deform rig export nicely into FBX for MB?

EDIT: i will be using nulls deform rig
    Last edited by m.d.; 07-21-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Motionbuilder (or other external retargeter) workflow goes a bit different, as none of the rigs now (unlike v1) contain an fbx style "input" control. You can't use the actual deform rig itself (well, you could, but it'd be bad). The way to do it... at least for the moment, is to just make a plain, fbx style skeleton (or just use the one from here... http://www.rebelhill.net/downloads/LW-FBX.zip ) and snap position it to the joints of your RHiggit rig. Give it a mesh copy if desired, etc, and export it out. Do your retargeting, bring it back into LW, then use the RHiggit retargeting to take the animation from that skeleton back to the RHiggit rig.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Also...

V2.03 is up
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    Motionbuilder (or other external retargeter) workflow goes a bit different, as none of the rigs now (unlike v1) contain an fbx style "input" control. You can't use the actual deform rig itself (well, you could, but it'd be bad). The way to do it... at least for the moment, is to just make a plain, fbx style skeleton (or just use the one from here... http://www.rebelhill.net/downloads/LW-FBX.zip ) and snap position it to the joints of your RHiggit rig. Give it a mesh copy if desired, etc, and export it out. Do your retargeting, bring it back into LW, then use the RHiggit retargeting to take the animation from that skeleton back to the RHiggit rig.
    Thanks, makes a lot of sense.....if the FBX rig is snapped to the same positions as the rhiggit rig, the retargeting should be near perfect.

Yes... the retargeting functions in RHiggit will still retarget the motion... but given that the skeleton an exact match (proportions wise) you should just get a straight 1:1 transfer of the motion. I've also got a tool on the cards to automatically spit out an FBX skeleton that's matched to your RHiggit rig, which'll speed up the process too, that'll be along at some point, with some update release or other.

Cheers.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

As mentioned up stairs... Rhiggit! v2.03, LW 11.6.2
    Eyes / Eyelids in Standard Biped are targeting head_end marker, not eye targets. Targets need to be set manually to fix.
    However, I do net get the critical error reported after a clear scene. After clearing a scene, Rhiggit2 generates a rig without throwing any exceptions.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Rhiggit2 generates a rig without throwing any exceptions.
    might be just my machine, thanks

just getting 2.03
    "one rig to rule them all"
    PC Spec: Intel i7 X980 3.33GHz | 24Gb | ATI FirePro V5800 | W7
    https://vimeo.com/kevbarnes/showreel
    https://littlstar.com/kevbarnes
    https://www.talenthouse.com/kevbarnes

Okies... so that lil eye thing is fixed... v203-b

As for the crash thing... Ive seen this aplenty, but its far from "predictable". Ive had occasions where I launch LW afresh, bring up bodybuilder, and it crashes out. Othertimes, I can go through a number of clear scenes, bodybuilder, etc... and have no problems. Ive literally got no idea what it could be... but has to be some lil hiccup in LW itself. Perhaps its the "switch" between the 2 different panel types, perhaps its a memory leak thing, or items getting "lost" from memory (RHiggit builds a set of multidimensional arrays while working which carry the "rig" as a kind of data object). However, because its slippery as it has been, it makes it hard to track down, and thus fix. Also, since Ive only had it happen to me either when launching a brand new rig, and never whilst actually working on something, it might prove to be a bit of an inconvenience, but shouldnt cause you to lose work part way through.

Cheers.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

I've got a crash that happens 100% of the time....

Run rhiggit on a character in a scene.

Clear scene

Load same character lwo into new scene.

Run rhiggit.

LW needs to close inbetween and it works fine...if not .....crash every time

Not a big deal, but maybe helps track the bug

A suggestion, then, for 2.1, or 2.5...

Convert it over to Python. That way, we can get some traceback information off the console to help squash these bugs but good.

Or convince Newtek to add some serious debugging stuff to lScript.

Rhiggit! 2.03-b, LW 11.6.2
    -When adding digits to the head, they appear @ world <0,0,0> instead of somewhere near the head marker.
    Last edited by Kryslin; 07-29-2014 at 12:23 AM.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

v203-b IK/FK switches do not have constraints and IK/FK switching does not appear to work with fingers? Anyone else??

- - - Updated - - -

Constraints work if U add the fingers in "Digit mode" not in "Arm modes". IK/FK blending is not working right for the fingers
    Last edited by sudac20; 07-29-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast