Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitness room

Fitness room

In a condominium project, the client asked for a fitness room. This is the final 3D rendering.

Comments please.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gym_14-06-30_002.png 
Views:	633 
Size:	885.8 KB 
ID:	122695
    http://www.soap3d.com

email:
    [email protected]

Available for freelance!!

Hey Jacques!

Looking really very good!!
    On initial look, I have a couple small comments (and they could all be "just me").

1) I don't understand the hot spots in between the TVs where the ceiling meets wall. They're distracting to me.
    (the hot spot on the floor too, but I can "understand" that one... in concept at least)
    2) If the light from outside is casting the strong-ish shadow of the pillar/wall section onto the floor etc, should the face of the building across the street be in direct sunlight?
    3) relative to the other machines the treadmills seem small? (maybe it's just the perspective)
    System Specs: A pile of sand, a couple of wires, a real live mouse and a beer.

When you do a job like this, do you have to model everything, or do you purchase models to speed things up? JoePoe, isn't the hot spot just light from outside?

Newbie Member
    @Dj I would guess part of it is building up an asset library to reuse, e.g. Once you have a a few TV's done I would imagine you would have enough variety to use them over and quick modifications e.g. remove stand add wall mount etc (e.g. I believe Vesa mounts are standard sizes) that combined with what I am guessing is visual impression rather than accurate modelling (not criticising the work, I just imagine that to save time textures replace modelled details etc. e.g. the screens on the exercise machines)
    Lightwave 11.6.3 + NevronMotion
    i9001 running Win40k w/42Gb RAM and built in HAL drive.

In this case I had to model everything, you know when you want to save time and use some models package bought from website, the models need a lot of job because they are not Lightwave native, lots of triangles, the models are not smooth, it's bad.

What you would improve in this scene, the models, the lighting, the textures?

email:
    [email protected]

Only that photo out the window, you can tell it's flat, if you're looking at it.

another render
    the outside picture is flat I know, but i dont have any other one, the only other solution is to model the building in front of the window

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gym_final-linear_MX.png 
Views:	240 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	122812

email:
    [email protected]

Try to make the glass smoky. That's stylish and cools down the image a bit. Now it's way too harsh imho.

Nice render, I don't mind the overblown windows at all, I do see you have some antialias problems, and I'm talking about your first render where it is much higher. Turn "limit dynamic range" on in the render settings to get rid of the jaggy lines on your ceiling lights.

you could try to make the ceiling and walls brighter and calculate a better GI (maybe raise level to 150% or so) on one side, and lower the diffuse level of the floor, which is way to bright and reflective for a wooden floor. maybe make the reflections on the wood blurred for a more distinguished look. last tip: maybe move the blue ball a bit back and more close to the wall mirror so one can immediately understand it is a mirror...

cheers

markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Not bad! but: It looks like you are not working in linear color space. Blacks are to black whites are to white. Maybe you did an auto levels in photoshop or something but it looks a bit to 3Disch for my taste. If you are working in sRGB color space I can recommend you to switch to linear. You have to tweak your shaders a bit, but in the end your image will look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Every4thPixel View Post
    Not bad! but: It looks like you are not working in linear color space. Blacks are to black whites are to white. Maybe you did an auto levels in photoshop or something but it looks a bit to 3Disch for my taste. If you are working in sRGB color space I can recommend you to switch to linear. You have to tweak your shaders a bit, but in the end your image will look better.
    You got that back to front, if you want to work in Linear color space you should set the color space to sRGB. Or I misread your meaning.

nice work,

any nitpicks are just things i noticed, some hotspots in the render ect.

i love the rolled up matte, it looks very good, maybe it's the texture on it, but it looks very soft to me. I've got the same matte and it looks just like that, so good job.

How about as a side project - add grunge, or dirt, something to say it's been used a bit. Maybe stains on the windows, some dust in the corners, water spots on the mirrors, a towel discarded on the equipment, or nicely arranged on the floor. - just some pieces to make it look more lived in. Even though its final image its tool clean.

Looks good!

I used to work for a company that made gym equipment here in sweden and at a factory in chino, we transfered solidworks cad files to lightwave and then rendered for product shots.
    Just curios..did you model the equipment or did you get that in cad format and then had to go through conversion process as I did?

Michael

I found 3D CAD model that I converted to lwo and I use it as reference to remodel everything.

email:
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast