Thread: Mirroring an object with CC Edge Weights *still* doesn't work...

Angry Mirroring an object with CC Edge Weights *still* doesn't work...

Mirroring an object with CC Edge Weights *still* doesn't work... Incredible that this has still not received any attention, all these years later.

Does anyone know of a plugin that will do this and is still supported?

None?

CC in LW is more of a proof of concept... IF there would be a ways to save edge selections you could at least fix these faster, but nope.

If you can share a piece of the model I might be able to give you more input.

Cheers

CCs were never finished/fixed in LWM so nothing we can do/help you about sadly . I'ts not that we didn't ask for those fixes for years and years.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

I decided to eliminate the CC weights and just use additional edges. Just a drag that we have to use additional subdivision when weights are all that is needed.

To fully support CC subpatches in every way they would need to re-write every tool. They obviously decided against doing so as they thought a new Core would take care of all those issues. Problems arose when Core got side tracked so now we can only hope that the Hydra engine will solve those issues and that we will see that engine soon in LW. I think Sensei (TrueArt) has tools that don't break weights with CC's.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Can we quit talking about CORE? It's been, what, three years?
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

He also mentioned Hydra...

CC issues summarized...

Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    Things wrong with SubD's right now:
    Performance, I don't know due to what, but the same object with the same end divisions will behave better performance on Subpatch than on CC. For example, in my end, an object with around 50.000-100.000 polys will behave better with Subpatch Level set to 4 (4 divisions) than with CC Level set to 2 (4 divisions) in Modeler.
    Two things Subpatch has over CC for sure is that you get smaller step increments on higher subdivision counts. For example, you can have a 24 divisions with Subpatch, while with CC you either go with 16 or 32 to go around that figure. Also Subpatch smooths triangles more than CC (the reverse behavior both have with valence 3 vertices)
    Edge Weight breaking while modeling, forcing you to redo the weighting all the time. Quite annoying and a bit of a show stopper for anyone avoiding headaches.
    Edge Weight on open edges is in-existent, which is not terrible, just limited.
    UV interpolation not working, which is a show stopper if you need to use a 2D painting app.

I still use it all the time though, because I hate to adjust topology and, BAM, see the n-gons break. work with CC, render with SubPatch. Just have to be careful to NOT have the Mesh set up with +7 SubD Level in Layout and then update it on Modeler from Subpatch to CC. Layout will die and I'll need to reboot...

Cheers
    Also to mention that working on production recently I've abandoned CC, because of the last line. If someone opens an object of mine updated to CC with 6/7+ levels more of subdivision I'm forcing a reboot on that person. So Subpatch only all the time.

Cheers