Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Call for content - Siggraph 2014!

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Burbank
    Posts
    233

    Call for content - Siggraph 2014!

    Hi everyone,

    From the newsletter:

    Call For Content

    This year the LightWave 3D Group wants to showcase as much exciting content from you as possible. We are not only looking for LightWave renders, but also tutorials and personal/studio interviews. This will be great exposure for you and your company.

    If you got a cool project you've been working on and would like to walk us through the process with narration , please do!

    Got a unique LightWave trick and would like to share it with the world? Record a tutorial!

    Want your BEST OF LightWave renders to be featured in our 2014 showreel? Send them to me!

    Got a video camera and would like to record an interview of yourself talking about Why LightWave is awesome? Let's do it!

    Deadline is June 19th. Please get in contact with me at [email protected] for more details.

    Cheers,
    -Cody
    Last edited by codyburke610; 05-20-2014 at 11:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Super Member Snosrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    4,925
    hmmm - not so sure about that strategy.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    hmmm - not so sure about that strategy.
    I assume you're talking about the below?

    I agree. If someone doesn't set themselves up with proper lighting and audio, it might just come across as a crappy Vine video.

    Quote Originally Posted by codyburke610 View Post

    Got a video camera and would like to record an interview of yourself talking about Why LightWave is awesome? Let's do it!
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

  4. #4
    Super Member XswampyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    2,094
    We could do it like this?


  5. #5
    Super Member Snosrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by ernpchan View Post
    I assume you're talking about the below?

    I agree. If someone doesn't set themselves up with proper lighting and audio, it might just come across as a crappy Vine video.
    The whole thing sounds like it could be a little campy.

  6. #6
    The strategy is fine, obviously they're not going to use anything that comes across as crappy. Actually I think a montage (or edited into other content) of talking heads from all over the world with varied lighting and formats will look pretty cool, sort of putting a face to the user-base. Of course some of us might not be pretty but does anyone care about that? Sometimes slick is not the right look.

  7. #7
    As long as nobody is wearing a Core shirt we should be just fine. :-D
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

  8. #8
    Super Member Snosrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    4,925
    "Got a video camera and would like to record an interview of yourself talking about Why LightWave is awesome? Let's do it!" - Have you ever been to YouTube.com? Like I said, it could be very campy. The actual LW content that NT has shown in the past has been nothing short of spectacular, but the presentation of such content has been suspect at times. Rob does a really good job with his personal appearances, but the other NT employees and some of the content creators they bring to the stage - not so much.
    Last edited by Snosrap; 05-21-2014 at 06:53 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    ... some of the content creators they bring to the stage - not so much.
    I know I'm guilty of this. I'm sure I came across as a spazzy guy when I was on the stage. The big challenge is trying to say everything you want to say in a short amount of time.

    To get back on topic, hopefully a lot of people submit content. There's a lot of fantastic work out there. If I had anything to submit I would.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

  10. #10
    Super Member Snosrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    4,925
    Yeah - I hate the slick snake oil salesman as much as anybody. It's probably difficult to find knowledgeable LWer's that speak well on camera and in public.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by codyburke610 View Post
    Got a video camera and would like to record an interview of yourself talking about Why LightWave is awesome? Let's do it!
    I'm thinking that might not be good material to use. The Dave school did one for Modo recently and it was downright gag inducing. Of course most of it was just having Modo users saying they love Modo. I suppose if you tie it in with the authors work and have them explain how they achieved a particular result or effect that might be ok but please don't just have people talk about how LightWave is fast to work in or how its an end to end solution right out of the box. EVERYONE thinks that about their software. If you're going to point out something positive about LightWave, tie it in with actual visuals.

    I might have a few things to submit.

  12. #12
    Of course when I said some of us might not be pretty I wasn't referring to myself personally.

  13. #13
    Super Member geo_n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    jpn
    Posts
    4,677
    Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Modo users saying they love Modo.
    They had that in the modo 801 livestream. People zoned out and just went to the website to check the feature list.

  14. #14
    Carbon fibre dongleŽ 50one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Honeycomb hideout
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    I'm thinking that might not be good material to use. The Dave school did one for Modo recently and it was downright gag inducing. Of course most of it was just having Modo users saying they love Modo. I suppose if you tie it in with the authors work and have them explain how they achieved a particular result or effect that might be ok but please don't just have people talk about how LightWave is fast to work in or how its an end to end solution right out of the box. EVERYONE thinks that about their software. If you're going to point out something positive about LightWave, tie it in with actual visuals.

    I might have a few things to submit.

    Why not just use the same video from DAVE School and replace the word 'MODO' with 'Lightwave' that would be hilarious.

    S

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    Why not just use the same video from DAVE School and replace the word 'MODO' with 'Lightwave' that would be hilarious.

    S
    Actually that might be funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •