Thread: Firewire Issues with SpeedEdit2.5 update

Firewire Issues with SpeedEdit2.5 update

I was running SpeedEdit 2.1 and had my Firewire set to the Legacy driver and had no problems outputing Firewire to my DV deck. I updated to SpeedEdit 2.5 and now I cannot get audio from my firewire conncetion. Capture to SpeedEdit still works fine but output thru Firewire to my DV deck does not pass audio any more.

Any Suggestions?? I don't use this configuration that much but it is necessary for several customers who want DV or DVCPro masters.
    If it's taking you longer than an hour to watch 60 minutes...you need help

Just Tryin' To Help...
    Quote Originally Posted by RayLarson View Post
    I was running SpeedEdit 2.1 and had my Firewire set to the Legacy driver and had no problems outputing Firewire to my DV deck. I updated to SpeedEdit 2.5 and now I cannot get audio from my firewire conncetion. Capture to SpeedEdit still works fine but output thru Firewire to my DV deck does not pass audio any more.

Any Suggestions?? I don't use this configuration that much but it is necessary for several customers who want DV or DVCPro masters.
    Ray, did you find a solution to this problem other than reverting to v2.1? I discovered the same problem on my laptop last year, probably after updating to 2.5.
    SB Enterprises, Quincy, Illinois ~ in the backwoods of the US of A

Hi Scott

No I didn't. I tried the latest update and that created the same issue with the addition of audio sync issues so it was back to 2.1
    If it's taking you longer than an hour to watch 60 minutes...you need help