Thread: Tricaster 410 bad update for the european version

Angry Tricaster 410 bad update for the european version

Hello everyone, I am new in the NewTek community and I am really happy about that but I'd like to get a good update.
    I mean I bought my Tricaster 410 1 week ago I was really happy to receive this brand new Tricaster and my reseller suggested me to do the latest update 2-3-140505.
    After that I discovered all the next great functions in my Tricaster like Iso Corder channel, supplementary vga output...
    But after this update, my Tricaster didn't work correctly.
    Here all my bad issues
    1- I can't use LiveText in a 1080i PAL session.
    Cause when I want to write or modify something I need to wait around 5 or 10 seconds to write something in LiveText editor, to draw a square...
    This is regarding built in LiveText version that come with the Tricaster and not regarding the standalone version, it's really important to give you this information.
    2- I tried to import some videos from mp4 codec, mp2, mov xvid.
    Tricaster need to convert it and didn't convert it correctly. It worked well with the previous version, but not with the new one. There's a sound problem when the ddr is ON, the import files and the sound doesn't come with a good quality.
    It's strange, I never had this problem with the previous version of Tricaster.
    3-On top of that, I can't correctly receive the audio from my camera with the sdi cable.
    4- I can't modify correctly the text and the picture in GFX.
    When I select the gear, a window appears and when I select the text to modify it, the window deseapears and I just have the opportunity to change the text without the window of the built in editor inside the live session..
    5- When I want to load a virtual set, I get no more sound for a few seconds
    6-I can't zoom in or zoom out fast cause the graphic on my display is drop down it's same if I want to go fast on the left /
    right side.
    My last problem is I can't change ME'S or select some other transitions with my 460CS cause the sound drop-out.
    NewTek, Please find a way to resolve all these differents errors cause it's really a shame to get all these problems with the latest update.
    You didn't check your update for the europeans ?
    Do I am the only person to get these problems ?, cause I didn't see some complaints on the forum about that.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a poor experience. First, I'd suggest contacting Customer Support, details on this page: http://www.newtek.com/contact-us.html

That aside, what I personally would do before that is try creating a new session, to see if some or all of this clears up. If that fails, as it well might, I'd do a TriCaster restore operation, then reinstall the latest update, and try again.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hello Steve, thanks for your help.
    I've tried to reinstall and restore my Tricaster but the main issues don't from Tricaster 410 but the update when you want to use pal session.
    I talked about that to Richard, some enginner are working on to try to change it.
    Cause when you're european you can't work with livetext in pal session or there's some sound issues when you're playing DDR...
    Kind Regards.

Arnaud

Quote Originally Posted by arnaudtv View Post
    Cause when you're european you can't work with livetext in pal session or there's some sound issues when you're playing DDR...
    I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems, Arnaud. I've checked with QA, and it seems an issue with LT in PAL has been fixed in the upcoming release. I'm not sure exactly what the audio issue is with your DDR, we might need a bit more detail on that. It might be good for you to try the beta, and see which , if any, of your issues remain, and then pursue those from that point.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

NewTek Engineering QA VideoEng QA's Avatar
    Thanks Arnaud and thanks Steve,

Steve is correct, we have a beta patch that addresses the sluggishness of LiveText while in a PAL session. This update will be released to our website shortly, but if you'd like it sooner, we can get you the links to the beta patch containing this fix. Just send us an email HERE, and we will get right back to you.

On the other issue of audio from the DDR, we'd like to help however we can. If we could get a bit more information on the clip you are playing, such as what was used to create it, the format of the clip, how you are listening (phones port, etc.), how it was imported, and if the VU meters are showing any audio. If there is a problem with the TriCaster software, we'll address it promptly, and be sure to let us know if any of the other issues you reported previously are still a problem after your restore. We very much want to make sure your TriCaster is operating as it should.

Thank you, and we look forward to hearing back from you!
    Jeremy Brosius
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

Hello Guys, here all my issues with the latest update :
    Cause when I want to write or modify something I need to wait around 5 or 10 seconds to write something in LiveText editor, to draw a square...
    This is regarding built in LiveText version that come with the Tricaster and not regarding the standalone version, it's really important to give you this information.
    Tricaster need to convert it and didn't convert it correctly. It worked well with the previous version, but not with the new one. There's a sound problem when the ddr is ON, the import files and the sound doesn't come with a good quality.
    3-On top of that, I can't correctly receive the audio from my camera with the sdi cable.
    When I select the gear, a window appears and when I select the text to modify it, the window deseapears and I just have the opportunity to change the text without the window of the built in editor inside the live session..
    6-I can't zoom in or zoom out fast cause the graphic on my display is drop down it's same if I want to go fast on the left /
    right side.
    My last problem is I can't change ME'S or select some other transitions with my 460CS cause the sound drop-out.
    I hope you will find a way with your engineers to modify this update to make it work with the multi standard version.

Basically try to play the Kiki footage from NewTek in the Pal session of the update and you will find a sound issue like kiki was playing on 2 DDR in the same time.
    I told you to do that cause someone in NewTek tried to do that in Pal session and had the same issue with the latest update.
    I also meet this kind of problem when I want to use audio with the HD-SDI cable.
    I restore and install the latest update 4 times and had the same issue

Kind Regards.

Arnaud

Quote Originally Posted by arnaudtv View Post
    I restore and install the latest update 4 times and had the same issue
    Again, I'd suggest contacting QA to try the current beta, and see what issues remain.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

To address the items that you listed:

- This is fixed in the current beta (whic hwe can send you if you'd like) and will be released soon as the next update.

- The TriCaster import process has an option to transcode. Do you know if this was selected when importing? If you had the transcode option selected and still have a problem with the imported clip, could you send us an example file (before importing)?

- If the camera is sending audi oin the SDI signal, and you verified the input that the camera is connected to is set to embedded SDI audio, the sliders are not at the default position at the bottom in the Audio Mixer, and you are not seeing any activity in the VU meters for the input, I'd recommend that you'd first verify the settings on the camera, and then take a look at the settings in the TriCaster's Audio Mixer - such as the correct connection type is selected for the input, verify the audio is routed correctly, verify whether or not the Follow Program video option is selected for the input, and ensure that the pan and that the settings for the equalizer and compressor are not somehow affecting the audio.

- What is the source of the title? If this is a title that was created in LiveText, was it sent to live or exported as CGXML or a PNG? It should have been CGXML if you wanted to edit fields of text.

- Loading a LiveSet does affect the system while the LiveSet is initially loaded into the GPU. After this initial load, there should be no additional issues. What is the source of the audio and how are you listening to it when you hear the audio stop? Also, does this happen only when loading a LiveSet for the first time?

6-I can't zoom in or zoom out fast cause the graphic on my display is drop down it's same if I want to go fast on the left / right side.

- I'm not sure I understand the issue here. Is this zoom being performed for a LiveSet in an M/E? Are you changing M/E presets with different zoom levels, or zooming manually with the control surface or software T-bar, the mouse, or a macro? If you are using M/E presets, what happens if you change the animation speed for the Effect?

- See my response to #5 above.

I hope you will find a way with your engineers to modify this update to make it work with the multi standard version.

Additionally, I recommend reaching out to our customer service group for additional support. I see that you may have already been talking to one of our representatives - I will make our customer service personnel aware of this thread.
    Please let us know how we can help!

Jeremy
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

Hello Jeremy, thank you for your help

Here all my responses :

1- The TriCaster import process has an option to transcode. Do you know if this was selected when importing? If you had the transcode option selected and still have a problem with the imported clip, could you send us an example file (before importing)?

Tricaster has automatically selected the transcode option and it seem doesn't work.
    Sometime when the sound is playing in the DDR it can play very slow or accelerated and sometime the sound can turn off too

2- If the camera is sending audio in the SDI signal, and you verified the input that the camera is connected to is set to embedded SDI audio, the sliders are not at the default position at the bottom in the Audio Mixer, and you are not seeing any activity in the VU meters for the input, I'd recommend that you'd first verify the settings on the camera, and then take a look at the settings in the TriCaster's Audio Mixer - such as the correct connection type is selected for the input, verify the audio is routed correctly, verify whether or not the Follow Program video option is selected for the input, and ensure that the pan and that the settings for the equalizer and compressor are not somehow affecting the audio.

My mic is connected with the XLR input on the camera, the audio input is set manually and everything is sending with embedded SDI audio mode. but I can see on the VU meters the activity on my mic but I don't see how this can affect my audio record on the Tricaster.
    Because, when I recorded the audio on my camera the sound was clear.
    Yes I selected the correct connection type on my Tricaster.
    The option not the Follow Program video wasn't selected then I didn't modify the audio with the equalizer...

3- What is the source of the title? If this is a title that was created in LiveText, was it sent to live or exported as CGXML or a PNG? It should have been CGXML if you wanted to edit fields of text.

I used the main NewTek titles included in the Tricaster interface and tried to change it in this interface but I can't change it quickly cause the window disapear when I want to change a title.

4- Loading a LiveSet does affect the system while the LiveSet is initially loaded into the GPU. After this initial load, there should be no additional issues. What is the source of the audio and how are you listening to it when you hear the audio stop? Also, does this happen only when loading a LiveSet for the first time?

I am listening the audio with the phone output and after on my recording but the audio only stop when I am loading a virtual set or a transition for the first time.

5- I'm not sure I understand the issue here. Is this zoom being performed for a LiveSet in an M/E? Are you changing M/E presets with different zoom levels, or zooming manually with the control surface or software T-bar, the mouse, or a macro? If you are using M/E presets, what happens if you change the animation speed for the Effect?

this problem is happening when I want to zoom in or zoom out really fast and I want to see the speed of the virtual zoom in the multiview screen and on the hdmi output of the graphic card.
    I mean when I use the command to move manually in the virtual set, some lines appear on the multiview monitor with the HDMI output and on my PC I use the DVI output for the monitoring

6- See my response to #5 above.

It's only happening when I am selecting for the first time a M/E but it's not easy to think to select each ME'S before a live.
    If I need to select each ME'S do not get this sound issue I am refering about your #5 response
    And this is can happen too, if during a live I want to change a source inside the tv monitor of the virtual set.
    At this instant the sound can turn off during 1 seconde too.

Sorry, I can't send you some examples cause I don't have access to my Tricaster now.
    I hope the last update you release it will fix that.

Kind Regards and thanks again for your help.
    I always sended some example to M. Richard Evans.

Arnaud

Excuse me but I forgot to ask is it same your beta patch and the actual release of the Tricaster 410 update ?

Thank You

Arnaud

Arnaud,

The most recent beta patch has been promoted to the current Latest release on our website. Since you are working with Richard in our customer support group, I will let you continue to work with him as he is better equipped to assist you with some of these issues. However, my team and I will continue to look into the issues that may be related to being in a PAL session. QA is continuing to look into this problem and will keep you updated in this thread as well. There is a problem which we've been actively addressing which affected only those using PAL sessions and/or PAL framerate clips. This may actually be related to some portion of the issues you are seeing and so I will make sure we respond to this thread as soon as we have an update!

Thank you,
    Jeremy
    NewTek Engineering QA

Thanks for your help apparently the latest update don't work well with the PAL Session there's still some issues
    I saw that here : http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....he-last-update
    I wish you're workin on. ;-) Good Luck to resolve that.

Kind Regards

Arnaud
    Last edited by arnaudtv; 05-23-2014 at 10:41 AM.