Thread: Gremlins, gremlins

Gremlins, gremlins

I have been fighting gremlins with SpeedEdit2 for quite a while now and can't seem to find solutions to some of the unexplained things that are going on.

1. If I upgrade from 2.1 to 2.5 my firewire out has no audio. It will capture fine but if I want to output thru firewire I get video but no audio.

2. If I upgrade to the new 2.6 update I still get no firewire output and I get issues with audio sync when I put clips (that have always worked before) on the timeline.

3. My SpeedHQ render has never worked since day one no matter how many times I re-instal the codecs.

4. .Avi files play fine in Media player but in SpeedEdit play choppy and skip a lot.

My Firewire drive is set to (Legacy) as that is the only driver that works with 2 or 2.1 properly.
    If it's taking you longer than an hour to watch 60 minutes...you need help

Blog Entries
    This sounds like a system configuration problem.

I would try installing SE on a completely different computer (preferably brand new and Intel based) and seeing if you get the same problems.

If not (which I suspect you won't), your problem is with your current computer system, not SE. Something on there is conflicting with SE.

If only I had that luxury. The system I have is Intel Based and I have fiddled with the configeration to no avail but I suspect the same thing. I simply keep the system at 2.5 and if I need to output to firewire I re-load 2.1 (would love to be able to have both on the box but not practical). Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    If it's taking you longer than an hour to watch 60 minutes...you need help

Blog Entries
    The only other sure-fire test (and I really hate this approach but it works) is to reset your system to it's factory shipping state by reformatting the system drive and re-installing the O/S. Then from there install SE as the only application and then conduct your tests. Most system OEMs have a process for restoring a system (not to be confused with Microsoft's System Restore) as explained in their user guide, but it's really a last resort thing if you can't find an alternative solution of testing.