Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simplex Noise - Self animated procedural Texture Plugin for Lightwave

Simplex Noise - Self animated procedural Texture Plugin for Lightwave

Hi folks,

i have written this little procedural texture plugin. It produces noise similar to Perlin Noise, but self-animated. (Actually both are invented by the same person, Ken Perlin)

The original code was written by Eliot Eshelman, i have simply modified it to work with Lightwave.

I hope you find it useful.

The zip contains 2 sample scenes, the plugin for x64 and x86 and the sourcecode. (UPDATED)

tolua
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trinnian_2; 05-05-2014 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by Trinnian_2 View Post
    Hi folks,

i have written this little procedural texture plugin. It produces noise similar to Perlin Noise, but self-animated. (Actually both are invented by the same person, Ken Perlin)

The original code was written by Eliot Eshelman, i have simply modified it to work with Lightwave.

I hope you find it useful.

The zip contains 2 sample scenes, the plugin for x64 and x86 and the sourcecode.

tolua
    Ah..thanks...got an error message of it missing dll files, thought it was just to install the plugin only, I guess you need to copy the whole folder to plugins folder?

Michael

Hmm, i just copied the .p file and added it in layout via Utilities->Add Plugins. What dll's are missing?

Btw i didnt test the x86 plugin yet, but the x64 works for me.
    Last edited by Trinnian_2; 05-05-2014 at 02:51 AM.

Well the x64 works for me, thanks for adapting this

I tried the x86 and that worked for me too.
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

hmm...I get this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install error.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	121754

"the program canīt start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from you your computer, try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

TrueArt Support
    Change Code Generation > Runtime Library from Multi-threaded DLL to Multi-threaded. Currently DLL is required to be external. After change, it'll be linked to executable, so user won't need to have it.

@prometheus

This means you don't have Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 installed. You can download it freely from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...aspx?id=30679#

I will also try a different tool to build the plugin.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    "the program canīt start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from you your computer, try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
    Temporarily search for file "MSVCR110.dll" on disk, maybe you have copy installed already by other app. Then copy to bin/ folder and should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

This means you don't have Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 installed. You can download it freely from Microsoft.
    No. It's your job to do what I said in #6 post.

Thanks Sensei,

i didn't see your post right away.

Here is the update. Btw I'm not a master programmer like you

Edit: Update is in first post.
    Last edited by Trinnian_2; 05-05-2014 at 04:46 AM.

TrueArt Support
    Sorry for harsh comment.
    I thought you saw mine post.

I believe it will solve prometheus issue.

No problem

Thanks again for your help, i just hope it works now.

Hey guys!

Thanks both to Sensei for the tip of the changes in code etc, and thanks Trinnian for actually changing it.

I did get an error when starting lightwave first...scared me a little, but it could start and it was just there since it looked for that plugin of course with the missing redistributable pack, I installed it and it now works okey.

I actually thought it was some of those redist-packs I was missing, so just glad it was easier to install the update of the plugin, when the times come for an absolut need to install the package, I will do so

checked it a little and have to get back much later once I investigate where it fitīs in best, wether it is on surfaces, hypervoxels..for clouds or smoke etc.

I prefer animatable procedural where you directly can set a speed value, in this you have to set it up with envelopes..even in the time channel to get it animated, though
    I am very happy for some more procedurals like this, and with this I also can use envelopes on the scale, persistance and octaves..more of the procudurals we already have should be hacked to get envelopes on those channels and similar

My issues with procedurals today, at least for hypervoxels..that is the fact that falloffs do not work(hypervoxels) unless using node textures..and the fact that some procedurals like turbulence has an ugly spherical build up pattern inside of the procedural texture itself.

Anyway..thanks guys, will get back here if I can showcase something good with it.
    and it should probably work for everyone now..regardless if you have the redistributable pack or not installed.

Michael

TrueArt Support
    I installed it and it now works okey.
    With latest version (redownload 1st post attachment) you should no longer need to bother with missing DLL.
    As long as Trinnian changed project settings in both 32 bit and 64 bit and then rebuild all projects..
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-05-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    With latest version (redownload 1st post attachment) you should no longer need to bother with missing DLL.
    As long as Trinnian changed project settings in both 32 bit and 64 bit and then rebuild all projects..
    Yes...but thatīs exactly what I did, and I didnīt mean the distritbution pack..which I think you thought I did install..and otherwise it wouldnīt have worked.
    I got the "I installed it sentence too much connected to the sentence about the distribution pack" when I ment I installed the plugin update.
    land of confusion..huh
    Thanks anyway.

to quote myself..but it may not have been clear?....
    "I actually thought it was some of those redist-packs I was missing, so just glad it was easier to install the update of the plugin, when the times come for an absolut need to install the(redistribute)package, I will do so"

It produces noise similar to Perlin Noise, but self-animated. (Actually both are invented by the same person, Ken Perlin)
    Cool plugin. Thanks for sharing this. I would have thought that just putting in a non 0 value in time would have the texture animate instead of having to put an envelope on it.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast