Thread: Possible change of preferences, causing immense irritation

Possible change of preferences, causing immense irritation

Hi There. I'm using Speededit on a project and for some reason something has changed which is causing me no end of annoyance.

What used to happen was that I selected a clip/audio/title and then clicked and held down the start of it; I then moved the mouse right or left to adjust the length of the clip/audio/title. The clip would expand or contract from where the mouse was.

What now happens is that I click on an item and when I move or adjust it the start of the clip/audio/title stays in exactly the same place and the right hand side of it moves and adjusts.

Does anyone know how to change this back so the part where the mouse is moves?

(I'm using SpeedEdit 1.5.5)
    Last edited by jpfife; 04-26-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Just a note to say that I have resolved this problem. In the end all I had to do was uncheck timelime ripple, which seems to be checked by default. I only use SpeedEdit intermittently but I have no recollection of specifically turning this off on new projects. Problem solved but may a plague of bugs descend upon the programmers of SpeedEdit and smite down their compilers; that feature is irritating.

Blog Entries
    Bit of an unfair comment there mate. Considering that you're not using SE regularly and are perhaps unfamiliar with its workflow.

Not really Shabazzy as this seems to be the setting that has mysteriously changed. I'm 99.1% certain this wasn't on by default when starting previous projects and only popped up as being on over the weekend.

Hmmm. Generally, it would be unusual for a feature to turn itself on. Perhaps it's possible you inadvertently enabled it its shortcut key, "t" (or not).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

That's a possibility SBowie, only use a few keyboard shortcuts in SpeedEdit (mainly C and M), the rest of the time I use the mouse.

God bless the speededit programmers!

God bless the programmers of SpeedEDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Farrell View Post
    God bless the programmers of SpeedEDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Amen to that.

So uhh . . Shawn . . you doing a documentary about Hit Film?

Sorry Shawn and Shabazzy, can't agree with you there. The program is now crashing constantly. Hours of edits lost when it crashed trying to render, now it wont load any file, I just get the message 'Speededit has stopped working'.

I was even going through the procedure of saving twice, once as a backup project then saving the project I was working on. No information on what happened and I don't know if Speededit saves crash reports or not.

Blog Entries
    We could try and problem solve this issue (and it's not an unfamiliar one. It's been dealt with before in these forums) but it sounds to me, like you've already decided SE's not for you.

Perhaps you'll have a better time with another editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazzy View Post
    We could try and problem solve this issue (and it's not an unfamiliar one. It's been dealt with before in these forums) but it sounds to me, like you've already decided SE's not for you.

Perhaps you'll have a better time with another editor.
    No, I'd rather use SpeedEDIT. I did spend a lot of money on it and I like it, but I can't use it if it keeps crashing.

I've switched to Sony Vegas (a really old version) for the projects I'm working on. I'd rather not but Vegas doesn't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by jpfife View Post
    it keeps crashing.

Did you know that SpeedEdit remembers everything you do to your edit, even if it crashes? Just go into the [Undo,Redo] folder that is next to where you save your project file Load one of the more recent stacks and it will be back to where it crashed.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing SpeedEdit? That usually fixes any oddities that I have experienced.