Thread: UV Spider Mapping

UV Spider Mapping

Hi everyone,

I'm using UV Spider to map a rope element but when I created the rope I failed to plan for knot placement. I should have selected uniform placement in hindsight. When using UV Spider on this part of the model the points on the map are equal distance regardless of poly size. Some polys on the rope are longer than others but the UV map has the polys being consistent in size. Do I have to redo the rope model from scratch to get better mapping or is there a way to get the map to reflect the unequal poly length? I didn't plan on actually UV mapping the rope but thought it wouldn't be a bad idea. How would you guys tackle this? Thanks for the input.

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2014-04-24 at 9.17.15 PM.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	121612   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2014-04-24 at 8.54.17 PM.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	121611  
    Mac Pro Dual Quad Core, 6 GB RAM, NVIDIA QuadroFX 2000 2GB Ram, 2 TB HardDrive LW 2019

I Wished My Brain Came With A Manual... I could look up everything I've learned sorted by topic...

If I understand correctly. I'm thinking you could manually (In Photoshop) Stretch "in"
    the texture for each poly to adjust for the distortion. May want to change the Image
    Mode to 16 or 32bits. I haven't tried this but it might work.

Use UV Creeper instead?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 868.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	121613
    System Specs: A pile of sand, a couple of wires, a real live mouse and a beer.

Thanks for the tips. Just downloaded Creeper. Looks like it might be what I need. Will use image adjustments if needed. Thanks again for the very quick responses!

Richard
    Mac Pro Dual Quad Core, 6 GB RAM, NVIDIA QuadroFX 2000 2GB Ram, 2 TB HardDrive LW 2019

I Wished My Brain Came With A Manual... I could look up everything I've learned sorted by topic...

The plugin looks like it installed but can't locate the interface. I'm running 11.6.2 on a Mac. I assumed it would be in the Map tab is this incorrect?

Richard

Never mind, I found it. Sorry for the posting...

Wow, what a useful plugin! Works like a charm. Thank you for sharing the link!

yes, use UV Creeper... ;]

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz