Thread: Memory Is Not Enough

Memory Is Not Enough

Jut to let you know I've posted an old article from HDRI3D magazine in lightwiki.com about rendering Hi-Res images with the Advanced Camera.

http://lightwiki.com/wiki/Rendering_...dvanced_Camera

Hope it can help someone with print renders.

Regards,

Gerardo

Very interesting article. Neat trick with unwelding points then negative edge bevel to do overlapping pixels.

I think I used the shift camera once for the same purpose. Next time I test this method.

Hope it works for you. I still think the proposed method is a bit more "math-free", mainly if you need that the segments don't keep the same frame aspect ratio.

Gerardo

P.D. Just in case, by the time I wrote the article, the native LW Shift Camera didn't exist.

great article! gracias por compartirlo!

saludos
    David Agüero - freelance 3D generalist & concept design
    Modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, animation
    www.davidaguero.com.ar
    vimeo channel
    Free Tutorials

Gracias David!

Un Saludo,

Gerardo

Was just reminded how much easier everything works today compared to just a few years ago. Interesting to read!

Thanks!

(yes, I'm aware it's a necropost, Wayback capture is fading with time though, seemed worth docs capture)

That's one of those techniques that really ought to be captured in some kind of "Advanced Techniques" section of the LW docs, rather than leaving it to sit incomplete (the images might still be in wayback, but no longer connected to article), only to eventually fade away from even the Wayback machine until it's gone for good.

It's also a workflow where it wouldn't take much improvement in OOB LW to provide a much simpler and more direct approach for achieving the same thing -- there's no particular benefit to requiring so many steps to produce what's essentially a multi-segment high-resolution render, and substantial benefits in providing the same OOB in an easily-attainable manner.
    Last edited by jwiede; 11-03-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

i like this method >

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz