Thread: Looking for a Good Animation Tutorials for a Specific Projectt

Looking for a Good Animation Tutorials for a Specific Projectt

Hello,

I am a newbie that learns rather quickly, and I am working on a live action/3D animated children's television pilot. I'm having my characters modeled, textured, and rigged by someone with WAY more experience than I, and I'm probably going to HIRE someone to do the animation sections of the pilot, but I also want to start learning how to animate and sync the characters to audio tracks myself and have those characters appear to interact with actors in my live action footage. I'm using Lightwave 11.6, I have Nevronmotion (but may or may not use it), and Adobe Master Suite. I need some tutorials on the process. I know there's no easy way, so I'm not looking for a quick fix, but some tutorials on animating, sycing, and bridging the animation to After Effects would be VERY helpful! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Ike
    Last edited by RainyDaze; 04-16-2014 at 09:59 PM.

The easiest way is to get rhiggit, get ipisoft even the single kinect is good enough.
    You still need to know how to edit those mocap you import into lightwave and you would need to know basics of graphic editor and scene editor and lightwave operation in general.
    You can check this out http://www.liberty3d.com/citizens/tom-roth/

It looks like a complex project its not going to be easy when it involves multiple character animation and lipsync.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Tbh, I dont think you're going to find much that's so specifically contained... as such you're going to have to "cobble together" the know how from different practices. So you'll want to find something covering animation, something else that covers matching 3D to filmed footage, something else that deals with compositing, etc, etc. One thing I'll tell you though that's of greatest import to this kind of work... is plan, plan, plan. You'll need to be quite specific in planning and choreographing the interactions between the two different "worlds", if you just try to go in, shoot from the hip, and deal with patching it all together in post, you're gonna create a world of headaches for yourself.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Thanks geo_n and RebelHill...I figured I wouldn't find something that contained everything I needed, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Lol. Like I said, someone else will probably end up doing the actual pilot, but I would like a working knowledge of the process. I'll look up rhiggit and ipisoft and see what the possibilities are with both of those. The character interaction isn't going to be physical. It will mainly be live actors merely talking to 3D characters. They'll probably rarely "touch" each other.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Doesnt have to be physical touching (that's a whole bunch of added difficulty)... but making sure you've got the interactions planned is quite important. For instance, planning out (pretty well) the motions of the animated character, and the timings of such, so that the live actor can sync their own actions/speaking if need be... but also there's the little things... like eyelines. If the live actor is supposed to be looking at the animated one, but is "missing" due to the character being short, or in a different spatial position than the live actor thought they were, that'll ruin a shot pretty quick. My point is... there's a lot more to get right than simply animating a character, and comping him into a live plate.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all