Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Octane render for Lightwave 2.0

Blog Entries
    The network render gpu setup..??

any documentation ??

how does one set this up so I can use my other workstation..?
    do I need another license for my other workstation..??
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX TRX40-E GAMING Rev 1.xx
    1 x Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core - 3690 MHz (32 cores, 64 threads) Fractal S36 AIO
    131072 MB DDR4 DIMM 2133 MHz (8 of 8 slots)

Quote Originally Posted by zapper1998 View Post
    Yes currently you need another license for each workstation, but network license only is in the works by Otoy so you might want to wait a bit to do that.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by zapper1998 View Post

any documentation ??

how does one set this up so I can use my other workstation..?
    Yes, currently you need a Standalone license for each render node. Octane Standalone has a network render service that works using TCP/IP ... it is really easy to configure it, you don't need shared folders, only launch the render service.

-Juanjo
    Juanjo Gonzalez
    Computer Graphics Software Developer

can anyone confirm HDR light studio works with octane 2.0 I haven't been able to get it to work since upgrading. but I did upgrade to windows 8 around the same time so i'm not sure what broke it.

thanks
    illuminatedtools.com My great light probe Library.

Quote Originally Posted by wellsichris View Post
    can anyone confirm HDR light studio works with octane 2.0 I haven't been able to get it to work since upgrading. but I did upgrade to windows 8 around the same time so i'm not sure what broke it.

thanks
    I just tested and it works fine here (also win8 64b).

Just be sure to start octane first, enable HDRLS button at IPR and then enable HDRLS.
    RAM-Studio

thanks Lewis, order of operations starting it. that works
    illuminatedtools.com My great light probe Library.

Anyone have an idea of the network saturation and latency of using GPUs over LAN? I know on-its-face it seems like a good idea, but GPU computations flying over even a 1000mb LAN connection are going to lag the rendering and bring your LAN to a crawl are they not? Seems to make more sense filling a single machine with cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Q View Post
    Anyone have an idea of the network saturation and latency of using GPUs over LAN? I know on-its-face it seems like a good idea, but GPU computations flying over even a 1000mb LAN connection are going to lag the rendering and bring your LAN to a crawl are they not? Seems to make more sense filling a single machine with cards.
    Sure but if you need more than 3-4 cards you can either buy external GPU case (espensive i.e. more than 2000$) or put in card sin some olde rmachien laying around office/room .
    RAM-Studio

OT:

Tyrot: Your messegebox is full... so I can not reply to your question you asked me.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X (64 cores/ 128 threads)
    64GB Ram
    Quadro 620
    Windows 10 Pro x64

aa cage thanks! checking!

Hi

could someone explane the steps required to install the new lightwave 2.o plugin.

I Purchaced just the upgrade from the 1.5 to 2.0

I do own the stand alone software but just the 1.5.

Do I need to remove the 1.5 plugin from my lightwave files first before I try to install the new 2.0 files?

And could someone explane the steps to get the new 2.0 plugin installed after that (step by step) to make sure the menue works.

thanks so much

ok. this is the problem.
    I find the install update file
    first step, replace the new file in the ben - did that

next step - go to layout and remove the master plugin - I click on master plugin and try to click on octane master and get an error,

ok , really..... the first 2 steps are wrong, Is there any way someday somehow there can be a correct step by step way to add a plugin or update it in the future, Please!

Update the plugin is easy:

- Close your Lightwave (Layout, Modeler and/or the Hub)
    - Delete the old plugin from your hard disc: the old .p file and the Octane.dll and Octane.dat of your LW/bin folder
    - Open the Layout. If you have deleted the old plugin file you should not have the Octane master plugin loaded. Check it.

At this point you can install the new plugin version.

- Copy the Octane.dll and Octane.dat files of the new plugin version to your LW/bin folder
    - Add the new Octane plugin version to the Layout (the .p file)
    - Install the new Octane menu brach (and remove the old one if you want ... this is only needed if there are changes in the menu, from 1.5 to 2.0 you need the new menu file to add the network render button)
    - Done !!!

You can check the install instructions here: http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Lightwave3D/?page_id=39

If you have any problem, please let me know.

-Juanjo
    Last edited by juanjgon; 07-13-2014 at 03:47 AM.
    Juanjo Gonzalez
    Computer Graphics Software Developer

Thank you juanjo.

I will work on it today.

Well I put the new .p file into the layout file and I get a box when I open layout that says

The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer.try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

The file I put the .p in (
    newtek..lightwave 11.6.1......support.....plugins.....legacy...layou t

I did close the error box and and tried scan directory to above. It says it finds 60 plug ins in 12 files . But still does not open or operate octane. I close layout and open with the same error box above. Any Ideas?
    Last edited by netstile123; 07-13-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Ok... Got thr plugin squared away. I had to update the c++ file. I myself would have put that at step 1 consideration the program will not run without it...................

Now when I try to enable the render plugin in layout I get a pop up box that says" Octanelive accounts (standalone) -- is not valid for version 2.0

It was my thoughts the standalone software did not have to be upgraded to run the plugin in layout. Or do I??????????????????

from post 266

Nope, you don't need to update the Standalone, only the plugin and the Octane.dll and Octane.dat. The docs are now online in http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Lightwave3D/ ... sorry, we don't have a PDF version of the docs now.

Build a network rendering farm is easy. You only need to install the standalone in the render nodes (the same standalone version than the plugin), click in the _install_deamon.bat available in the standalone folder and you are ready!!! ... network rendering is done using TCP/IP, you don't need to share folders or anything else, but you need a standalone license for each node.

http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Lightwave3D/?page_id=543

-Juanjo

OK . I think I may have been miss led on a few posts about the upgrade requirements to have a working plugin in layout for Octane 2.0
    I only purchased the plugin update for layout that was about $60.00 US . When I should have purchaced the Standalone software from my 1.5 to the 2.0 with the free lightwave plugin upgrade.

So now I have a mess and am going to have to return the plugin and purchase the standalone.

What steps do I need to take to fix this mess. It was silly to purchase what was free and not even have a working product?
    Last edited by netstile123; 07-13-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast