Thread: Trailer plugin

Trailer plugin

Dose anyone know of a plug in like Trailer that works with mac os 10.9 and lightwave 11.6.2.
    I have never gotten Trailer to work on a mac just a PC.

Or what would be the best way to make a tube follow a path with out having to bone and hand animate it.
    thanks
    Josh

My Portfolio - http://alexs3d.blogspot.com - Now with Photography

I've been using the Trailer plugin on PC 64bit for years and was wondering if Spline Control would be able to handle say a very long ribbon of stones and have it bend around and travel through machinery similar to the way Trailer allows me to. Essentially, I want to eliminate using Trailer and use something else because Trailer has a nasty tendency to crash with high poly counts and really bogs down. it really is finicky!! Can someone tell me?

serpent is an old plugin for this too, slow to use though, and you have to parent the curve and the mesh to each other.
    which one to be parent to the other? ...you have to figure that out, the lightwave documentation doesn´t say unfortunatly.

I think the spline control with bones looks like it would work just fine. Plus it is less keyframs to make it work.
    thanks