Thread: Old VT card/VT5.3 run well on Winows 7 Pro 64 bit?

Old VT card/VT5.3 run well on Winows 7 Pro 64 bit?

Hi. I'm running VT5 with the original Toaster card (VT1 card) on Windows 2000 Pro and want to upgrade to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Does anyone know... can I run the old card and VT5.3 on Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) without any problems? I know my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-P35-Ds4 and q6600 Proc. will handle fine but am concerned about drivers for the old VT card. Any quick advice would be appreciated as I have projects coming up soon. Thanks.
    Last edited by Chris M.; 03-29-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Yes BUT only if your motherboard supports the 5 volt buss (looks like yours qualifies).
    I am running the original VT5 card and 5.3 on an older motherboard with Windows 7 Pro. The drivers are in the 5.3 software.
    Make sure the VT card is out of the socket when doing the NEW installation of Windows 7. You will need a new registration number
    from CS.
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

I also run VT5.3 on Windows 7 64-bit without a problem.

Thank you both for reply. I am not tech. savvy with computer components and so am having help with the IT guys at work (Global Television). They want to know why they should remove the VT card before doing the installation of Windows 7 Pro.
    I have a feeling they won't do that unless I can give them a good reason... so...

Peter...Can you please elaborate a bit? Again, thank you.

P.S. My VT5 has served me well....even though, I am recently told that I have been running with one failed drive and one faulty RAM stick (probably since new). It would sure be nice to see what it can really do. I don't want to buy a new computer.

Yes you remove the VT card. Also when the card is replaced you may be given a choice to have windows install the drivers, DECLINE, remember the drivers are not in the OS. Install VT software and setup, enjoy. if there is a problem I am available for specific questions. Contact through my e-mail. [email protected]
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

I don't think they ( the IT guys doing the install) want to remove the VT card unless I give them a reason. They have never heard of Newtek but still think there is no reason to remove the card. Can you suggest what to tell them? I'm not sure I want to take this on without them.
    Regards, Chris
    Last edited by Chris M.; 03-31-2014 at 06:02 PM.

if you do not remove the VT card the installation will silently install the wrong drivers, which will require a reinstall of the OS.
    Also you should turn off the user account control so VT will operate smoother
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Thanks again, Pete. I will relay this info to them. Cheers.
    Chris

the old dog sez... arf arf.
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Is everything working?
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

When reinstalling the VT software, do you have to install the VT4 first? Or just do the VT5 install?

VT4 will not run on 7.
    Just use VT5 only
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Good to know. Thanks everyone for contributing info.
    Now... Anybody know if VT[5] runs under Windows 8 ?
    Adam Lightplay
    310-779-6230
    [email protected]

"The future's so bright, I think it's unterminated".

I'll first ask why??
    Second I'll say the core is the same, but you will probably have to turn off the fingers.
    Touch screen editing can be messy.
    I know that VT6 will work perfectly on Windows 9 as long as you do not think of a blue camel.
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Why Windows 8? Well as long as I'm upgrading as far as 7, why not go all the way to the latest, and less resource-intensive Win 8? That is if VT5 will run on it, (with my older VT3 card). Anybody tried yet?
    Thanks,
    Adam Lightplay
    310-779-6230
    [email protected]

"The future's so bright, I think it's unterminated".