Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Placement for LW 11.6.2+

Oh Advanced Placement, i love you to bits and the name does not do you justice, you are so much more.

Im Lovin It.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Oh Advanced Placement, i love you to bits and the name does not do you justice, you are so much more.

Im Lovin It.
    Hey, glad you like it!

I placed a couple of new examples in the video folder of the AP Dropbox site

AP_CompoundFromCoat shows how you can use the Coat tool and Compound collision shape to create your own custom bodies that can be painted, tweaked etc

AP_EagleSoar shows how you can easily sketch out complicated animations without keyframes using AP's Capture tool

Look forward to trying them out Steve.

I wish the email notifications worked on here.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by hurley View Post
    Hi John,

The site seems to be working fine from here.

I'll almost finished with AP 1.1. AP 1.1 will be a free update to existing AP 1.0 owners. I'm going to run a 1 week AP 1.1 launch special of $169 for new users when AP 1.1 is ready to ship. If you or anyone else wants to grab a copy of AP 1.0 now, you can have the discount but you'll need to order directly through PayPal instead of the website shopping cart since it's not updated yet. And you'll need to send over your LW product lock so I can generate a license code for you.

My PayPal email [email protected]

Here's a link to the paypal portal
    https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/send-money-online
    Just sent payment to your paypal portal... is there a link to a digital download? Thanks

Hi Steve,

how is it going with AP and LW2018, it is really a long time, hope we see some update soon.

thx alex
    My Portfolio - http://alexs3d.blogspot.com - Now with Photography

Quote Originally Posted by alexs3d View Post
    Hi Steve,

how is it going with AP and LW2018, it is really a long time, hope we see some update soon.

thx alex
    Agreed, sucks that this is not 2018 compatible. It had potential but was buggy as hell. Looks like a dead plugin. Unfortunately, the lack of support will keep me from buying any of his other plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by sudac20 View Post
    Agreed, sucks that this is not 2018 compatible. It had potential but was buggy as hell. Looks like a dead plugin. Unfortunately, the lack of support will keep me from buying any of his other plugins.
    +1 I feel exactly the same way, please make this plugin available for 2018 and fix its stability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sudac20 View Post
    thatīs sad but i also feel the same, it could be a really cool plugin but half made, it feels not finished and then there pops up a new
    plugin, steve can you pls give feedback how the status is there for compatibility with lw2018.

thx

hmm...
    This truly does not bode well.
    Robert

Sorry for the silence. I'm still hard at work on AP 2018. My toolkit evolved so much making Remodeler and UP that I was forced to redesign AP from the ground up to make it work within my current framework. I'm using a new version of Newton Dynamics which is much more stable than any previous version that was in AP. The current beta of AP 2018 is very solid in my daily testing. The really good news is the LW 2018 changed the Instancing API so that instances are no longer "parented" to the source object. This is a big win for AP, since it doesn't have to transform each instance into "parent" space on each tick.

I'm getting near the point where I can start making some more demo videos and maybe release a beta

Sorry for the silence. I'm still hard at work on AP 2018. My toolkit evolved so much making Remodeler and UP that I was forced to redesign AP from the ground up to make it work within my current framework. I'm using a new version of Newton Dynamics which is much more stable than any previous version that was in AP. The current beta of AP 2018 is very solid in my daily testing. The really good news is the LW 2018 changed the Instancing API so that instances are no longer "parented" to the source object. This is a big win for AP, since it doesn't have to transform each instance into "parent" space on each tick.

I'm getting near the point where I can start making some more demo videos and maybe release a beta
    Great! Many Lightwavers are more comfortable investing in 3rd Party LW plugs again.

 
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

thx for the info, hope to see some new stuff soon

alex

Hello there
    Any news ?
    I'm tired of keeping my installation of 2015.3, only to use AP

Yeah, is there anybody out there?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast