Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Placement for LW 11.6.2+

This looks amazing, my Mac Pro and I await with bated breath!

Cow tipping

Sorry for the lack of activity here and the website being offline again ... but we're still hard at work trying to push the beast out the door.

Here's a quick little demo of interactive physics in AP. It might not be too clear in the video but AP got the cow to tip over by increasing the mass of the box that was sitting on it's head.

-Steve

Nice .

i have one question, How do we adjust visibility options for instances? i.e. what happens when openGL becomes slow due many fully visible instances (like when you add few hundred 500k poly trees)? is there way to select-change visibility to bounding box at once or some similar visibility tweaks ?

thanks
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

In the ibounce thread I recall a video where Steve replaces some plants with palms. Plants were bounding boxes and palms were smooth shaded from memory. So it appears there are various visibility options. Not sure if they can be applied en-masse tho?

I'll see if i can hunt that particular vid down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Nice .

i have one question, How do we adjust visibility options for instances? i.e. what happens when openGL becomes slow due many fully visible instances (like when you add few hundred 500k poly trees)? is there way to select-change visibility to bounding box at once or some similar visibility tweaks ?

thanks
    There is an option for that in the Display tab. There's no way for changing visibility per selection yet but it will be there before shipping Right now you can use the Undo system to redraw previously added instances with a new visibility option.

-Steve

You have my money when this launches. Quite useful.. I was thinking along the lines of using bullet to create placement of objects (debris) for a scene I had in mind. Doing that with this kind of control is a G$dSend.

Thank you for your work.

-Adrian

This looks really cool Steve. I'm on it as well when you launch it :-)
    Michael Englyst
    Lightwave 2018.0.2 on an i5-4430S @ 2.7 GHz · 12 GB RAM · Windows 10 Pro

Any release date on this yet?
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

I'm quite sure that if there were one, it would be announced.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Yeah but I'm just impatient
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

Any update on the release?
    Sorry for the long silence again. We picked up a couple of early bird users/testers and each one with his own unique workflow seemed to find some issues that we hadn't found during our in-house testing. It's a good thing though since we all want a bug-free release.

While fixing some bugs and trying to implement support for interactive displacements and subD level changes, I finally had to bite the bullet and re-write AP's system for handling LW events, which was one of the first things I wrote way back in the beginning of time. It just couldn't handle all the things AP needs to do now. It's almost done and I should have AP back together in a couple more days and by then I should have a better idea how close we are to release.

Thanks for your patience.
    -Steve
    Last edited by hurley; 05-20-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Alpha test no matter how much, the first outside testers will find a bug in the first few minutes. It's eerie!!!

Good luck!
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

So how's it going? Been waaaayy too quiet again!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    So how's it going? Been waaaayy too quiet again!!
    Erg! Somehow I'm not receiving notification of posts here again.

Bad news is that it looks like I'm going to wait for the next LW update before releasing the final version of AP as I've run into a bug/limitation in the LWSDK. Good news is that NewTek has fixed it already. I have to admit I have had amazingly little to grouse about the LWSDK while developing AP, it's really been a pleasant surprise to me overall

In order to get *something* out the door while waiting, I've been toying with the idea of breaking off the Tweak tool from AP and making it a separate stand-alone plugin. It's basically an interactive tool for transforming LW scene items... sort of a combination of AP's Place and Tweak tools. I'm working on it now and hope to post a demo to try in the next few days. If I do decide to go that route, I'll further discount AP for those people who purchase the Tweak tool since AP provides the same features.

-Steve

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast