Thread: Lino's Kinect Face Setup Tutorial is Out

Lino's Kinect Face Setup Tutorial is Out

I'm surprised Lino hasn't posted it here already. I'm sure he's a super busy guy so i'll help him out and post it here.

Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

I just now watched this video. Somehow I missed any public announcement that may have been made for this tutorial. It's very informative. In fact, this video has me all excited about trying this feature out later this week.

Great job Lino and LW3DG! But really guys, you need to tell people when you post cool stuff like this. Anyway, thanks for making the video.

G.

Newbie Member
    At around 13.03 Lino checks the kinect's values when his cursor hovers over the green connector dots in the node editor.
    This does not show up in my LW.
    Am I missing something here?
    It would be very handy to help with setting up the morphs as Lino shows here.

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    I just now watched this video. Somehow I missed any public announcement that may have been made for this tutorial. It's very informative. In fact, this video has me all excited about trying this feature out later this week.

Great job Lino and LW3DG! But really guys, you need to tell people when you post cool stuff like this. Anyway, thanks for making the video.

G.
    Yer, unless you follow/subscribe to LW3DG on youtube, facebook, etc. and/or recieve the official newsletter, then sometimes video releases get missed. I lot of the videos from the Siggraph Showcase week (http://static.lightwave3d.com/market...ex_final2.html) have now been posted on their youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialLightWave3D/videos)

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Newbie Member
    This tutorial is featured in the latest issue of 3D Artist magazine (issue 71).
    It's a 2 page feature which includes this video by Lino,and also the lws file with the head model (inc morphs).

Newbie Member
    I can see the values updated live in the Device Manager,but I'd never seen them displayed in the node editor as in this video.
    Maybe it's a feature in an upcoming version,I dunno. I just wondered if anyone else could see it.