Thread: Tricast 460 with Sony visca "PT but no Z"

Tricast 460 with Sony visca "PT but no Z"

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help on a problem I'm having with the new PTZ functionality in the Tricaster 460. I have several Sony BRC-Z700 camera's connected via a USB rs-232 adapter (prolific chip). The problem I'm having is that only the pan and tilt seem to be working fully, the zoom part doesn't want to cooperate fully.

Zooming in and out while programming the preset works fine, as does setting the preset angle etc. When I switch between two presets that are not on the same zoom level recalling the presets doesn't work. Switching between two presets that are fully zoomed out works fine though.

Is this a known issue? Who has any idea what could cause this?

p.s. I've installed the prolific drivers from prolific.com, the tricaster software gives a warning about stability, but seems to work fine otherwise.

Thanks,
    Sjoerd.

What version of TriCaster 460 software are you running?

Also, while Prolific drivers do work, you might try uninstalling them and just seeing if Windows will automatically find a driver, that might get rid of the warning message.

FYI, on the latest TC software we have allowed the Keyspan HS-19 drivers if you happen to have one of those units.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    What version of TriCaster 460 software are you running?
    Currently they're running versions 2-2-140214C (and the other one is running 2-2-140214B)

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Also, while Prolific drivers do work, you might try uninstalling them and just seeing if Windows will automatically find a driver, that might get rid of the warning message.
    Windows does not support the prolific adapters by default, in oder to use them at all you must install the driver...

I also tried to factory reset the whole tricaster and tried again, but no luck on that either. The problem is also not in the plugs adapters that I use to change the serial port into mini din, because those same plugs work fine using the telemetrics controller that I have.

Does anyone have more hints?

Thanks,
    Sjoerd.

I would give support a call.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.